Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biking isn't a shortcut exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I want to track a bike ride I usually launch it from my Versa watch itself. However, a few days ago I wanted to see the map while I was riding so I went to my Fitbit app (iOS): Exercise > Track > WTH?

When choosing to track an exercise there is only 3 options: Run, Walk, Hike... Why on Earth? So what I did is to track a "Walk" and categorize the exercise as "Bike" once I was done. Why I cannot directly track a biking ride from the app? Am I doing something wrong?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

A warm welcome to the Community @Eittam.

It's weird to hear that your biking exercise isn't listed in your exercise shortcuts and recommend doing the following from the Fitbit app:

1. Open the Fitbit app
  2. Tap the Versa icon
  3. Slide down and tap Exercise Shortcuts
  4. Tap the "+" icon
  5. Select the exercises you prefer and tap add to Versa
  6. Sync

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately your suggested solution does not work. I can add and delete exercises shortcuts to my Versa. That is ok. And I can track biking from there.

The issue is when I want to see the GPS map at the same time. I go to the app. Click track exercise. But the only available ones are Walk, Run and Hike. There seems to be no option to add more exercises to that list either.  Please see the screenshots below:

IMG_9956.PNGIMG_9957.PNG

Best Answer

Adding Bike to your Versa will allow the Versa  to use the phones GPS and track your ride with the resulting map. True you can not see the map at the same time as the ride, but in many states using the watch while riding a bike is the same as using a cell phone while driving a car.

This is explained in your user manual, found under the help link below.

Your original ios question belongs in the iOS board and not the Versa hardware.board.

Best Answer

Sounds like Eittam is trying to pull up mobile run on the phone and get a bike option/map. 

Best Answer
Yes! Exactly! That is what I am trying to do and something I would assume
it should be a straight forward functionality
Best Answer

Thanks for the clarification @Eittam@Rich_Laue and @MarkMM for stopping by.

Keep in mind that the MobileRun feature only have run, walk and hike as exercises. If you want to track your biking activity, you can do this by selecting the exercise directly from the Versa, using SmartTrack or by manually logging the activity.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer