Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a Versa about 3 months ago and about 2 weeks ago, it stopped working. Sent that one in and got a brand new one. About 3 days later, I broke my phone (moto) and got a new one (moto x) ever since then, I've been having issues synching my Versa. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I reset the Versa, I restarted my phone but nothing seems to help. In the app, it keeps saying it can't find the Fitbit even though I have all Bluetooth options on (even for music pairing and whatnot). I know there's an update that has caused issues but is that with the Bluetooth function as well? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

There are only 2 motoX on the Supported Devices List the 2013 and 2014 models. So if yours is not one of these it could well be an issue with your new phone. Phones not on the supported list may work, or they may not. All you can do is try all the troubleshooting steps in THIS Help Article on Syncing issues. If you cant get it to work, do you have any other device you could use (like a laptop or tablet?)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I believe that the new phone is a 2015 so I attempted to reconnect with my old phone (I figured I would just use that for synching for the time being). I've never had a Bluetooth issue with the old phone and now, when I try to reconfigure my Versa to this phone, it finds the Versa but can't connect (I just keep getting a "restart Bluetooth" message). I'm not sure if I should reset the versa again or maybe it's an issue with the app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This reply about sums up fitbit and the versa.  I'm not up to date on Moto X, but estimate probably about 4 or 5 Moto X devices to have been released since 2013 and 2014, but fitbit only support the first 2 models.  Copy that for most other brands too I expect.

The supported list is way out of date.  Other fitness trackers don't seem to suffer from this "specific supported" device syndrome.  There are much cheaper brands available that support Bluetooth, and guess what?  They just work!!

Best Answer
0 Votes