Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories already there

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi! I just got my fitbit versa and I put in my weight and all that and I already have calories burned and I know it's the bmr. But can I turn that off so I have 0 calories? So I can only see calories i burned? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

You cannot turn off BMR calories.  They will reset to 0 at midnight.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you track an excercise (like a walk or something) it will show you calories burned just for the excercise. 

Also, you can use the calorie tracker in the app (it shows calories burned each day) to see you calories. If you swipe down to before you started using Fitbit, it will still show calories. This is what Fitbit has calculated to be your BMR. You can just subtract that number from your calorie count whenever you check.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@StephenLarsen wrote:

If you track an excercise (like a walk or something) it will show you calories burned just for the excercise. 

Also, you can use the calorie tracker in the app (it shows calories burned each day) to see you calories. If you swipe down to before you started using Fitbit, it will still show calories. This is what Fitbit has calculated to be your BMR. You can just subtract that number from your calorie count whenever you check.

I agree with the 2nd paragraph above from @StephenLarsen , but not with the first one.

"If you track an excercise (like a walk or something) it will show you calories burned just for the excercise."

I tell my Fitbit in the exercise app that I am starting a walk (or any other type workout).  Then I just sit still for an exact number of minutes, then end it.  According to above, calories burned should be zero, but instead they show calories burned at my BMR rate.  So the workout summary is including the BMR calories, though they probably are small compared to extra calories burned from exercise.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are probably right. I have seen the calories continue to track after a workout, but I assumed it was tracking cool down. 

Hope this helps, Lacy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, calories would still increase more than BMR after workout from higher heart rate while cooling down.

Best Answer
0 Votes