Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I'm brand new in the community.

I don't understand how the calories burned work. I entered manually a 60 min workout (without watch on) and I did today a 60 min workout with watch on and calories burned are the same 227 calories.

Can someone explain me how it works?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

For today's workout, did you manually log it after the face, use the Exercise App to record it, or get it recorded via auto-recognition?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand what you're saying but i just have the impression that it's just a basic calculation based on my personal data instead of real analyse of my heart rates... 

it's written 3.8 cal/min

so it's based on the time your workout and not on how you workout.

It is possible to change those set up ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I ask if you manually logged the exercise after the fact, I mean:

After the exercise session was complete, did you go into the app and tell it that you had done the exercise for how long and maybe at what intensity?

If so, whatever parameters you input override the heart rate data actually recorded.

Manually logging a workout is meant only for the times when you could not actually be wearing the tracker.

The better, more accurate, way to record exercise is to use the Exercise App to actually record the exercise as it happens, rather than going in a re-creating it afterward.  This will use your actual heart rate data to calculate calorie burn.

See How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes