Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get new Versa to sync with windows 10 app - app says it could not sync tracker

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So recently got a Versa and wanted to leave my Charge 2 linked to my account.

However, had to uninstall the Charge 2 to get my mobile devices to sync with the Versa (even when after setting the Versa as the primary app)  - not as reliable at syncing as the Charge 2 but good enough.

The Charge 2 always synced well with the windows 10 app (with Fitbit dongle). With the Versa, cannot get the windows 10 app (with dongle) to sync - it says "sorry, we could not sync your Fitbit tracker. Please retry." Over the last week, I've retried ing any number of times, deleted the Charge 2, logged on/off, reinstalled the app, made a cup of tea, rebooted the Versa ..... nothing doing. Any ideas? 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@RCarley It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that your Versa isn't syncing with your Windows 10 phone. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My dongle on pc windows 10 synced with hr2 but can't find dongle with versa

Best Answer

@Charlee55 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that your app isn't detecting the Versa. Make sure that you have the app up to date on your computer. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly didnt work. I went on to remove the versa from my account and set it up from the windows 10 app (on my laptop) - and hey presto, it worked. However, after a day or two I started to get the porblem recur i.e. the windows 10 app saying it couldnt find the tracker. (I'm using a fitbit dongle). It is syncing with my mobile phone and ipad.

Best Answer
It doesn't recognize my Dongle at all the it did with my HR 2... It's very
spotty with my Android Phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Pretty much the same situtaion as me; and doesnt sync as reliably with other devices. Strange thing I have noticed is that once or twice it seems to have synced by stealth with the windows 10 app - my phone has been too far away for it to sync with the phone but the dashboard stats have been updated in the app ..... but still, if i ask it to sync, it won't. Very frustrating.

Best Answer
Very. I ordered one for my 15yr old daughter for Christmas.. Hoping it will
sync with hey computer or Verizon tablet. She does not have a phone. Might
try getting a new Dongle for hers. What do you think?
Best Answer
0 Votes