Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't put on my Versa wristband

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Very frustrated trying to switch bands on my Versa. Short sides (clasp) go on fine... long sides (both neoprene and woven bands) absolutely do not want to snap in... took 1/2 hour on woven and I gave up on classic band.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40

Glad you did it! Nothing can throw you off of your fitness game.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lol no

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tweezers help in the woven band, but don’t on the nylon band...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jvan76 I read somewhere that someone actually cracked the pin... And it was stuck inside ... 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m trying to wrestle mine into place. It just fell off. I wasn’t even trying to switch bands. This is the most frustrating thing in the world!

Best Answer
Took me a while to get mine broke in... seems like the woven band goes in better now... this might sound crazy but if you have a woven band, run it under hot water first then, try... as for the poly band, that one can be a bear as well... I don’t think water will help lol 😉

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I guess I will have to buy a woven band if I’m ever gonna wear my new Fitbit lol.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Easy for me, I have always stuck with original bands (Pebble watches also); NO frustrations, lol

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know what you mean. I have the special edition. I had the same issue.
Although my vision is fine, I resorted to using a magnifying glass until I
got the hang of it. I have long sculptured nails, so you know the struggle
was real. 😊
Best Answer
These are OEM bands we’re talking about that came new w watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mkay, but under  *start a topic"  you can see that the thread was created under Versa. So, naturally, I'm going to think that she is talking about Versa bands that come with the unit. I have both editions,but only use special edition, and the bands come off and on the same way. It took some getting used to, but once we've got it, we've got it. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep! I tore a couple of my nails trying to get these on too. Finally managed to get it back on but bought a woven band in case this pops off again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I totally understand. I'm thinking of getting some extra woven bands, as they get pretty dirty fast with it being fabric and all. I love the feel of the fabric ones. Too bad they don't sell them separately on the site. May look to Amazon once mine gets old.

Best Answer

Hello guys, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for troubleshooting this wristband issue by yourselves and sorry for the delay in respond.

@Niecy17 and @TrumpforPrez20, your input is really appreciated.

@ErinY, if you are having problems putting on your wristbands, I recommend taking a look at the help article How do I change the wristband on my Fitbit device? and follow the instructions provide there.

@Jvan76, it's great to hear that you fixed this and appreciate the tips. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

See you around. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa *special edition* has an extra bulge-ey back that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to get the right angle while retracting the side pin to get that side to lock in place. Glasses, tweezers, needle... I've been at it 2 hours, both plastic and woven bands, NO LUCK. Design oversight... I thought it was a flaw, thinking of returning...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto!  It was exasperating.  Not a good feature of that band.

Best Answer

Spent 40 minutes trying to do this, broke two nails, caused minor damage from pushing the pin down so hard on the ORIGINAL nylon band.

I've had my fitbit for a few months but I'll never buy another again. Actually disgusting how the original band was designed this horrible. One youtube search will find a video with 524,000 views(If this gives you any idea of how many unhappy people had to google to find out what they were even potentially doing wrong), and hundreds of comments complaining about the same issue. Gross incompetence.

Best Answer
I’ve got an aftermarket band that fit in just fine... I’ve heard the after market ones fit in easier... still using my Fitbit after a year... I can’t bring myself to pay for an Apple Watch lol 😂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’ve been dealing with this for the last 2 hours. I searched and watched tons of YouTube videos. It’s definitely a manufacturing flaw. I also broke a nail trying to get the **ahem** thing ”in” . Plus, to make it all better, I just got off the phone with customer service and they said it hasn’t been an issue. I beg to differ. The small band that’s been on the device since I purchased it, finally broke, so I had no choice but to switch to the larger band. This is absolutely ridiculous. FitBit may have swindled money out of me for this, but I won’t be purchasing from them again. I’m so disappointed and angry and that they not only treat their customers this way, but would sell a product that doesn’t work as intended or shown. 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

Best Answer