Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't setup new Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I bought a new Versa which worked fine for about a month, then it suddenly stopped syncing with iphone 6. After unsuccessfully resolving issue with online fitbit support, they sent out a new one. Now I can't even setup. I get to the point of entering the displayed 4 digit code and that's where it locks up. Yes, I've tried all the obvious turning phone bluetooth off/on, making sure I have most recent iphone ios version, restarting iphone and Versa, deleting and re-installing fitbit app. Still nothing. I think Versa has unresolvable issues at this point. Is there an updated Versa bug fix yet, or is it too new? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@dejavudu It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that you can't setup your new Versa on your iPhone 6 and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all the devices listed there. Restart your phone again and restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

After this retry the setup.

Let me know how it goes!
Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@dejavudu It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that you can't setup your new Versa on your iPhone 6 and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all the devices listed there. Restart your phone again and restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

After this retry the setup.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked! I swear I’ve tried these procedures numerous times over the past
couple of days and you must be my good luck charm. I’ll let you know if I
encounter further issues. Thanks so much!!

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

@dejavudu happy to hear that you were able to setup your Versa. What usually helps is clearing the bluetooth list on your phone and also the order in which you do this. Still the good thing is that you are back on track and hopefully will reach your fitness goals in no time.

I'll be around!

Best Answer