Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can weightloss badges be backdated?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello there! 

My start date for losing weight is May 2022 and so far I've lost 21.5lbs, however, because I've only just decided to make my Fitbit part of my journey this time, I've not earned any of the badges to reflect the weight I've already lost! Are badges not able to be backdated? I would have thought it should do it automatically as soon as you enter your start weight/date but apparently not as it hasn't happened for me!

I have earned badges previously on another account but since becoming disabled I decided to start a new one so I'm not comparing myself to when I was able bodied, hence only just deciding to use my Fitbit again.

TIA for any info!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @SunsetRunner and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit doesn't let you merge accounts, let alone parts of accounts.  There's no way to simply bring those badges over.  You need a date with an associated weight in order to receive a badge.  You can manually log weights to dates before your current account existed.  I tried it, but had to go back to mid 2013 to do it.  You can try logging those weights.  Use approximate dates if you need to.  I don't know if you will get badges or not.  It's worth a try.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, thank you so much for responding but that's not what I meant! I don't want to merge accounts, I've started a new one to start fresh! What I meant was that I have been losing weight since May this year and although the app recognises that I have lost 1 stone 7 lbs, it hasn't given me any badges for it. This is my question, do they not get back dated to the beginning your weight loss? It seems Fitbit will only recognise any weight I lose from today and that's a bit rubbish when you're this far along your journey! 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  Like I wrote, I'm not even sure this will work and I don't think you understand my suggestion.  Fitbit awards weight loss badges on weights that are in your weight log, not on information in your Nutrition & Weight section.  Please try entering backdated weights in your weight log.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understood your suggestion, I had already tried that previously and it hadn't worked. I think it just doesn't work properly, which is a shame. I've also noticed my steps aren't being logged correctly because I use walking aids, so it's probably just time to give up on Fitbit completely and find something else. Thanks anyway though!

Best Answer
0 Votes