Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reply to notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, I just upgraded to 32.32.10.15 on my shiny new versa, no matter what notifications come in, I still can't reply, nor do I have the option to. I get the "clear" button, but no reply button. I've rebooted the phone (Samsung Android phone) and I did a factory reset on the watch. I don't get the option in WhatsApp, nor the native Samsung text messaging app for incoming notifications, the ability to set up quick replies is there in the Fitbit app, bit nothing on the watch... 

Any help? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure. Basically, inline reply is from Android Nougat (7.x.x) onward. So, your version needs an alternative method to reply, which is why I want you guys to try that and see if it helps at all. There is a big limitation currently with Fitbit OS. Maybe the next update will fix this. Pebble OS was way more polished, which is why you have less issues. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I have an lg g5 and show version 32.32.10.15 on my versa and cannot reply to text messages either. I've tried rebooting the phone and watch and tried using the stock messaging app and tried textra. I can go into the textra settings under "define notification actions" and can get just about any other option to show up on my watch (call, leave unread, mark unread, delete) but if I choose "quick reply" nothing shows up.

Best Answer

I am in the same shoes. I have Android ZTE Blade and tried everything possible and still don't get Quick Reply. I was so looking forward to that. So disappointed. I hope you (and I) find an answer soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same boat, updated and no option to reply from the standard message text app. BUT there is an option to reply if i select the messages (facebook) app

However cannot get the ability to respond to a normal text message with the default android message app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my HTC One M8.  I have quick replies set up in the app, but the reply button does not appear on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there razrf,

Is this supposed to help with replies from the versa?

I was able to reply from my pebble with no problems at all. 

Best Answer

I'm not sure. Basically, inline reply is from Android Nougat (7.x.x) onward. So, your version needs an alternative method to reply, which is why I want you guys to try that and see if it helps at all. There is a big limitation currently with Fitbit OS. Maybe the next update will fix this. Pebble OS was way more polished, which is why you have less issues. 

Best Answer

I can see "clear" and "reply", but when I click "reply" it just closes the message. No option of any the quick replies show up. Its like the "reply" button marks it as read and closes the app. IDK.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You just need to tap in the notification and it allow you to do it, it works for WhatsApp messages

Best Answer
0 Votes

You just need to tap in the notification and it shows the option to reply, it works for whatsapp messages

Best Answer
0 Votes

It does not work for me. The reply option is there, but when you click it it closes the entire message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@razerf15 

IItried to find quick reply to test it out in the play store, but the list k through the article didn't exist... So no love there

Has anyone successfully replied from their watch to a whatsaww or Viber message? If so, can you share your phone OS version, Fitbit app version, and watch firmware version?

Also, does Fitbit support ever check this fourm? This is where I was directed to for versa product support to find help. Sounds like they are just using the community as Frontline support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ossiel unfortunatly there instead a reply when I hit the notification, only a "clear"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChrisChad wrote:

@razerf15 

IItried to find quick reply to test it out in the play store, but the list k through the article didn't exist... So no love there

Has anyone successfully replied from their watch to a whatsaww or Viber message? If so, can you share your phone OS version, Fitbit app version, and watch firmware version?

Also, does Fitbit support ever check this fourm? This is where I was directed to for versa product support to find help. Sounds like they are just using the community as Frontline support. 

@ChrisChad

please test and try the following if they allow you to quick reply once configured for your specific texting/messaging application. 

1) Notifly: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-notifly-reply-notifications-fly-t3379706

2) Reply by Google: https://www.xda-developers.com/reply-google-telegram-allo-instagram/amp/

3) quickReply: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-quickreply-reply-notifications-t3404457

Yes, it does seem like we are the guinea pigs 🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @razerf15 I tried them, but to no avail.. (although they are pretty cool apps in their own right!)

I'm on a live chat wit fitbit now... if I get any results I'll post them here...

as of yet I havent been able to respond to any notifications.

Best Answer

@razerf15 was exactly right, we need at least nougart (android 7x)  to take advantage of replying to messages.. i'm going to take another run at his suggestions and see if I can make them work... its not that I have an old phone, its that my company's security department has locked the version (go figure) in the meantime I'll play around with razerf's suggestions again and see if I can make that work

too bad there isn't a notification or something about what version we need to be on...

Best Answer

Same here !!! ... Im in HTC, and just appear clear not the reply option . .

Best Answer
0 Votes

LG G4

Problems:

-wasn't able to get Starbucks card to connect

- wasn't able to reply to notifications or calls

Solution:

- make sure all apps are installed, updated, etc

- in the SETTINGS menu on the phone, go to SOUND AND NOTIFICATIONS, then Set Notifications for Apps

- set FITBIT app as "priority"

Either this was the setting that needed to be changed on my phone or someone waved a magic wand somewhere - was just able to answer an incoming phone call - yeah!!!

Best Answer

Also a LG G4 user. (Android 6 Mashmellow)

Just afterwards talking with the fitbit support via twitter i got a phone call notification! I rejected the call and it showed me the option to send a quick response via SMS (not WhatsApp). It's a pity it doesn't work the same with the WhatsApp messages. As pebble ex-user that would be so convenient to get fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes