Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Huawei P20 Pro

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I've read about compatibility issues with Huawei devices, including the P20.

However, I found this video in YouTube of a Versa being set up in a Huawei P20/ P20 Pro? 

Sine I'd like to get this combination, I was wondering if anyone knows of any problems or someone else that done this set up successfully.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQYClAxFfE&list=WL&index=304&t=420s

Fitbit's new Versa smartwatch is a cheaper version of the Ionic, with a super-slim design and £199 UK asking price. Our unboxing video includes full setup and a tour of the best Versa features and apps. We also compare the Fitbit Versa with the Ionic, so you know which fitness tracker is best for
Best Answer
0 Votes
71 REPLIES 71

I got a Versa and a Huawei P20 Lite. I know it's not the same but I was informed by Fitbit and by reading several posts, that new Huawei devices aren't compatible with the app.

Best Answer

My other half has a Garmin tracker and had problems setting it up with a Huawei P10LITE. One fix I tried with it worked and may help out Fitbit users as well.

Go to your phone settings, and find the location services section. Press the 3 dots in the top right corner to access advanced settings.  In there you should find a check box for background Bluetooth scanning, disable it.  Restart your phone and setup your tracker as normal.

Hope this helps 😎

Best Answer

Afaik from a Google search Huawei P20 Lite should work as it has both Bluetooth 4.2 and the Low Energy module, but the Lite models are all cursed by incompatibility.. (the previous Lites didn't have the hardware P20 Lite does though, odd). I have a Huawei P10 and it works flawlessly. I'm pretty sure it will work on the P20 Pro as well 🙂 

Best Answer

***UPDATE*** My Versa failed to synced again. 😞 

Mate, you are the real MVP! Fitbit should fire all those lazy engineers or whatever they are, and the useless customer service clerks! 

I tried your suggestion and my Versa has been working flawlessly for a couple of hours. THANKS! I'm not even going to ask why it works now! 

Best Answer

Has anyone got a fix yet? 

I had the huawei p10 plus and it worked fine now I’ve upgraded to the p20 pro, nothing!!

:(. 

Best Answer
I got a P20 Lite. None of the newest Huawei devices is supported yet;
however, there's a procedure for syncing and notification issues:
1. Disable notifications through Fitbit app.
2. Unpair your watch from the Bluetooth devices list from your phone.
3. Log out from Fitbit app.
4. Turn off Bluetooth from your phone.
5. Restart both your Versa and your phone.
6. Turn on your phone's Bluetooth.
7. Open the Fitbit app and log in. Please note that other Bluetooth devices
near your Versa should be turned off.
Your Versa will take a couple of minutes to sync back.
8. When synced, please enable notifications, one section by one.

Your watch and phone should remain synced. Try to keep both devices near as
once the "link" is broken, you will have to start the procedure once again.

Hope it works for you, as this has been a temporary solution while Fitbit
works for a firmware update that may fully work with Huawei.
Best Answer

adding onto that in case you only have notification issues (mostly it tells you you have to restart your phone in order to get notifications working - i noticed a few times where restarting DIDN'T work) but syncing works, there's a super easy solution - go into settings, look up notification access, disable fitbit notification service and enable it again. then try syncing again and your versa should be able to receive your phone notifications again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you using the Versa?

I saw this post from "knoedel321" in a P20 Forum:

....P20 and P20 pro work fine. Iuse the P20 pro with the Ionic  but briefly had the versa. Works fine too👍

I just like the Ionic better...

It looks like it was working for him. Also it worked with the Ionic. You may wanna check his post or inquire further..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Used to work with my previous P10 plus perfectly. Perfectly means ignore the frequent syncing issue. 

For P20 Pro, the app failed to launch. Seems like a app software issue. You need to uninstall, install and pair it to sync it ONCE. That's it. Syncingiis smooth for one time usage though. Repeat the procedure every time you want to sync it.

Fitbit or phone. You choose. Base on cost of the gadget, I would say phone would be a more logical choice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat my fitbit doesn't work I hope they update it so it works with p20 pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

**Update**

Back to square 1. Can't link the versa to ANY phone now. For something thay costs so **ahem** much I am losing patience here!!!

I just spend half a day trying to figure out why within 48hrs my versa had stopped syncing. I have a Huawei P20 which I used to set it up without incident. It worked fine until wed this week. Spent half an hour on live chat to basically be told tough luck, Huawei P20 isnt compatible and to be made out to be stupid.

A few seconds on the community and the Bluetooth scanning hack has worked an absolute treat!!

Fitbit, you would do well to do your own research!! Poor poor show that your users have to resort to helping eachother!

Thank you forum folks tho!! Saved my sanity!! 😂

Best Answer

Hi  This is the solution that worked for me, I noticed that when i had the fitbit app open notifications work, but when the app is closed its stops sending them to the Versa.

Go to Settings / Apps / FitBit / Battery and allow the app to run in the background when closed. Remove the auto feature it has and set it manual. That worked for me like a charm! 

Best Answer

I have the Huawei P20. Just turned off the blutooth scanning and mine is also working a treat. This was also after I'd been onto fitbit and they said it wasn't compatible!

Thanks for the help 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines stopped syncing again 🤦

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've found a workaround for this issue that keeps the fitbit sync service alive on huawei devices.

First of all do the two things that everyone recommends you do:

1. Ignore battery optimisations, set this to 'allowed' on the fitbit app.

2. In the battery settings, in app launch, make sure fitbit is set to manage manually, and the three ticks it presents you with are clicked

3. This is the most important part - on your homescreen place the fitbit goals widget anywhere. This makes the app stay alive in the background even when you close it

This solved the issue for me  

Best Answer

Sorry don’t understand no 1 where is battery optimisation found sorry I’m new to this

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi can you show me how to make my versa work with P20 pro? Like I Can’t get notifications to show on it..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your phone settings, and find the location services section. Press the 3 dots in the top right corner to access advanced settings.  In there you should find a check box for background Bluetooth scanning, disable it.  Restart your phone and setup your tracker as normal.

Best Answer

If you press and hold the location icon, then click on the 3 dots top right, go into scan settings that is where you can turn off Bluetooth scanning.

Best Answer
0 Votes