Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete clock face from Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded trial clock face retro 80, but now can not seem to delete it, just asking for me to pay to use it

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Can you not just choose a different clock from the app? 

Best Answer

@BIGCHILL Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Sorry for the delayed reply. In this case, you may want to contact the developer of the clock face and ask for further details. To do so: 

- Go to your Fitbit app 

- Tap on clock faces 

- Choose the clock face you're using 

- Tap to see the description and scroll down until you see "Contact Developer" 

Thanks for your input @SteveH

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  Did you get an answer?  I just want to restore to the factory default but can't.

Best Answer

FitBit really need to do a better job supporting these basic things like deleting a clockface.  One should be able to tap the face and choose a delete button.  Poor implementation and documentation on Fitbit's part.

Best Answer

@Pat12345 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Sorry for the delayed reply. In this case, you may want to perform a factory reset but keep in mind that this will delete all your stored data, personal information, credit/debit cards and saved settings. 

Regarding your inquiry about deleting the clock face from your watch, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stupidly clicked to select a different clock face and now I have no clock and just message asking payment. When you select a new clock face it does not confirm it is a purchase and goes thru the download - only then do you find out. You can uninstall it and ask the Fitbit app to 'forget' it but the original clock is gone and I am just left with a message asking for payment. My husband bought me this watch for xmas - now I can't use it.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner It's nice to see you on the Community. 

I would like you to try changing your clock face once again, this time try selecting a Fitbit clock face. If you're having issues, please try restarting it and change the clock face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Silvia, I find it hard to believe that in 2020, Fitbit doesn't know how to uninstall a clock face from a smart watch. We should not have to contact the developer to uninstall something available on your app store.

I've been trying to uninstall the clock face Ionic Reactor and have no way of doing so. Removing it from the saved clock faces does not remove it from the watch.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner It's nice to see you on the Community. 

When you remove a clock face from your watch, it won't automatically change it. Please follow these tips to change your clock face

Best Answer
0 Votes

Silvia, as it turns out, this was due to a bug in the watch face and Fitbit sync. The developer resolved it. 

But, as I said in my comment, simply switching the face wasn’t doing it for some reason. Hence the question. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that you contacted the developer and it was resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I selected and loaded a new clock face which worked. BUT now I have that and another digital clockface as well. how do I get rid of that one? Really if there was another good fitbit type product I'd throw this Versa 2 in my dog's water bowl. 

Best Answer

So you're saying that I can only download 5 clock faces on this watch (according to the watch) and as a user I can never delete those? So when I'm done I'm done? Is that not a massive issue to y'all?

Best Answer

I wish I knew this. I guess we have to factory reset it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried removing the clock face, but there's no "Remove" button. I've removed all the other clock faces and did a factory reset of the fitbit (mine is a Versa 3). Not only can I NOT remove the purchased clock face, I can't add any additional clock faces from the app, even though they show up in the app. My versa 3 only displays the purchased clock face.

Best Answer

Hi @Swhite1 - the main issue is you can't remove the active clock face from the App.

If you can, on the watch, swipe to the left and click Clocks and select another clock face, if there is one, and sync with the Fitbit App.  This will make another clock face the active one.

Then in the Fitbit App choose, but don't select, the one you want to delete and scroll to the bottom and click on Remove clock face.

If the watch is synced it may also be possible in the Fitbit App to select an existing clock face [or install one] and then choose, but don't select, the one you want to delete and click on Remove clock face.

Sometimes when a clock face is frozen it is not possible to load or change clocks from the Fitbit App but it should still be possible on the watch to switch clock face, if there is one

Note: For an up-to-date Versa 3 long pressing the clock face should invoke Clock switching.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this YouTube vid:  https://youtu.be/WkfxgkwqOlo

Note: Fitbit has renamed the Clock Face section of the Fitbit app "Gallery". Install up to five clock faces, quickly switch clock faces from your watch using the "Clocks" app, and remove a clock face. These instructions apply to Fitbit Versa series (first generation, Lite, 2), Fitbit Sense, and ...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this YouTube Vid, to remove the current face, change to another then follow this vid: https://youtu.be/WkfxgkwqOlo

Note: Fitbit has renamed the Clock Face section of the Fitbit app "Gallery". Install up to five clock faces, quickly switch clock faces from your watch using the "Clocks" app, and remove a clock face. These instructions apply to Fitbit Versa series (first generation, Lite, 2), Fitbit Sense, and ...
Best Answer

YES, it is!!!  Going crazy trying to delete the ones I don’t want and have not found an answer yet.  I would have been a LOT more picky if I’d known this..l <ugh>

Best Answer
0 Votes