Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device locked . Device removed from account.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, 

Hope everyone is staying safe .

Has there been any update of fixes for devices that are locked and unable to connect to a new account or previous account , I foolishly removed the device from the account when I was giving into a family member without realizing it was blocked when trying to change the band. 

I seen most have to send product back but not sure if feasible in current times. Any fixes, ive tried 3 button hard reset but hasnt been successful. any workarounds? 

KJ 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Oops, all you had to do was unlock your tracker, swipe to settings then factory reset. This can be done while connected or not connected to a Fitbit account. 

Now we have to do the factory reset the hard way @killjester 

Fitbit OS hardware reset.

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This will trigger the 2-button hardware restart after about eight seconds.

- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, whilst continuing to hold the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.

- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi , thanks for the reply .

I've tried this . But to confirm , when you hold the 3 buttons together at the same time , what state should the device be in ? On or off .

How long are you expected to hold the two buttons after releasing one ?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since your tracker is locked, you only have one state when the three buttons can be pressed. 

As for how long to hold? hold the three buttons until the tracker restarts. The instructions say about 8 seconds. 

As for holding the 2 buttons? Until you feel the vibration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi rich

Thanks for reply . Unfortunately I haven't been successful in this multiple times over last while . I was on the phone to support today but the line was disconnected and was never called back . I had been on hold for 30 mins due to current situation. I might try again in the morning . Most of the time when I let go after the logo disappears , it will just be a black screen and nothing happens , no vibration , no logo .

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes