Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not found

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All day today my Fitbit won't connect to Bluetooth. Every time I try the app says no device found. Can Bluetooth be turned off the watch somehow?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Sorry @Jaymerobillard Bluetooth can not be turned off on the tracker. 

Have you restarted the tracker yet, and restarted the phone, tablet, or computer? 

Best Answer

Mine has been doing the same thing for weeks. I cant fix it. Very flustered. 

Best Answer

People have been reporting they have been updated to version 3.5 of the android Fitbit app. Please check for updates. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm personally ready to throw out yet another FitBit device and go back to Polar. This is the second watch I haven't been able to sync via bluetooth or Wifi. For a short time, if I turned off Bluetooth and Wifi, rebooted my watch and my phone, added Wifi back in and turned bluetooth back on MAYBE it would sync one time before forgetting the connections again. If this isn't resolved soon I will definitely go back to my tried and true brand. In this day and age, Wifi should be a given. Not a hold your breath, cross your fingers and listen for the "DSL handshake" to connect. 

Both my app and my watch have the most recent versions by the way. Any other magic pointers beyond the generic self-help guides would be appreciated for all of us I think!

Best Answer

@April_Hansen if your looking for more then generic help, we will need to know more then genetic information. 

Would you be able to givee some details as to which type of device you use to sync your tracker? 

And WiFi is used for syncing of music and may also update apps and firmware. WiFi is not used to sync the daily steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay fair enough. If not Wifi then why doesn't the bluetooth sync? My watch is the Versa 1.0 and I'm trying to sync with an Android phone - specifically Samsung G950U. It was working fairly well when I first bought my Versa but the last month it has been failing regularly. Versa Firmware version 32.33.1.30. I updated all again this morning to ensure it's the latest and greatest.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine firmware is to the latest and I still get an error. NO DEVIVE FOUND
Best Answer
0 Votes

WiFi or cellular data may be used to connect the phone to the Internet. When it comes to syncing the phone connects to the tracker through Bluetooth. 

Why it is not working? 

My phone is the same G950U which tells me that your most likely also on the sprint network. 

Last night my Fitbit app updates to ver 3.5. It looks like those that had not received 3.4 will be going to 3.5. 

As have been mentioned, some have been having issues syncing with phones running Android 9 when receiving the Fitbit update a few weeks ago. 

Is your app at Ver 3.5?

You may want to remove and load a fresh copy of Fitbit, if you remember the login info. 

Have you tried restarting, better yet a complete shutdown of phone and tracker? 

Cleared the Fitbit apps cache. Phone Settings / apps / Fitbit / Memory / Clear Cache 

@cathy06..is the device not found message from the Fitbit app? Still not sure if I can help since I'm not sure if your on Android, windows, or iOS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I think this started after that update!... 

I did restart as well as complete shutdown of phone and tracker.

Unpaired tracker and then reinstalled the app on my phone ensuring 3.5 even though I updated this morning. 

Re-added location services.

Trying to pair my watch again and the app can't find it despite being right next to each other and the watch being in the docking station. Definitely something strange going on with Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well turns out, in my case, it was the Versa watch. I called support and had them walk me through all possible trouble shooting options. Fortunately for me, I am within my warranty window since I just got this one two months ago.

They were incredibly helpful over the phone but nothing worked so getting a new Versa in the mail! 

Best Answer
0 Votes