Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable notifications while phone screen is on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, first, I really love Versa 2.

Here's the idea I want to discuss. 

When you are holding your phone and you receive a notification, isn't it pointless to receive that same notification on your watch as well? Is it possible to implement this feature? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @AntiHero7 , if you always have your phone nearby you, it's in principle totally useless to also activate the(se) notifications on your watch, so just simply disable them withing the Fitbit App and you do not het them anymore. Regards kuzibri 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner and thank you for your reply. 

The point of smartwatch and wearables in general (In my opinion) is not to take your phone out of your pocket every time it buzzes, because you will just take a look at the watch and you'll see, if there is a need to reply right away.

Imagine then this situation - you are somewhere with your phone in your pocket or bag pack or something and you get a message, you take a look at the watch and you know it's not so urgent so you won't even reach for your phone. But you get some message that needs your attention. You will take a look at the watch, reach for you phone and start typing and whatnot. In this moment, when you have your phone in your hand just to write an email or have a conversation in messenger and you get another notifications from other apps and your phone and your wrist is buzzing as well for no reason.

But I get your opinion - you don't want notification, just turn them off - and you are right of course, but why would user need to do that manually, if this can be done automatically + every feature can be implemented as a optional function, so if that would bother someone, he/she wouldn't have to use it.

Best Answer
0 Votes