Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duo Mobile support on Fitbit Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the Versa have a an app supporting Duo Mobile for Multi-factor authentication?  I've been a FitBit customer for years and I love the FitBit app on my phone, but my colleagues who have Apple Watches that they can tap to let them MFA are tempting me big time. 

Short of Duo Mobile support on the versa,  I would GLADLY PAY for a version of the Fitbit App for IOS if it would support the Apple Watch (as opposed to only FitBit bands).  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! @SunsetRunner Smiley Happy

I can totally see how useful MFA would be on Versa. At this time, Duo Mobile won't be one of the apps available, but stay tuned to see what other apps are added down the line. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! @SunsetRunner Smiley Happy

I can totally see how useful MFA would be on Versa. At this time, Duo Mobile won't be one of the apps available, but stay tuned to see what other apps are added down the line. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Is there any way we can convince you to make an app for Duo Login?

Best Answer

Fitbit apps are mostly created by the community.  Someone at DUO or a highly motivated user would need to develop this.  

Best Answer

Any update on this? it would be super useful

Best Answer

This is working on my Versa 2.  Sort of. 

I enabled notifications for the DUO app and I get two notifications. 

I tap the second notification to open it. Then tap on "Tap To View Actions"

It will bring you back to the clock. .

Swiped down from the top of the screen to return to your notifications.

Tap on the second notification to open it.  Then tap on "Tap To View Actions"

Your MFA has been confirmed. 

If you don't want to confirm, just ignore the notifications and let it time out.

Two notificationsTwo notificationsAfter tapping the second notificationAfter tapping the second notification

Best Answer

I use this option as well,  kind of clunky since ther is no "approve or deny"  and that you have to click tap to view actions then reswipe and tap that again,  but it works

Best Answer

is this with android phone paired versa? coz with my iphone paired, I dont see the same screen. Is there an app or so?

Best Answer

Interesting, I have a Versa 2 and an Android phone. I don't get DUO push notifications on my Versa (even I enabled DUO notifications on my Versa). But I can get DUO phone calls notifications, useless because I can only accept or reject the cal, and then I have to take my phone to hit a key to authorize DUO...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is clumsy af, but it does indeed work! Android (s20) & sense user here. I have to auth with duo no less than 5 times on a good day, so any progress here is good. I really hope they get this working with a single "button" click.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here I auth many times a day with duo. We also have corporate
Microsoft authenticator which has a perfect approve or deny interface
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems that this at least for me no longer works since the latest duo app update

Best Answer

Nope. I hadn't tried it since the update, but I just did and got a timeout after doing the double tap to view options. When I looked at my phone, it was asking me it this was a suspicious login. So I tried again, with my phone unlocked/screen on, and same thing. Wondering now if it has some sort of "allow list" you could add the fitbit to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I confirm that with the latest update of the duo app, "double approval" has stopped working

Best Answer

Looking a little closer at this, I think the fitbit is now sending a DENY rather than approve. The "suspicious login" message, is apparently what you would get on a deny according to the docs here https://guide.duo.com/android#push

Best Answer
That's exactly what I have noticed so even the kind of wonky workaround is
broken. At the prices of Fitbit watches now this could start to. E a
reason to move away from fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this was working fine but they switch the order of operations. Which makes it impossible to accept. If the Fitbit would display both options this would be the best solution and would help with other notifications and not be a specific feature for ONLY duo users. I always thought it was strange that it did not give you a way to deny the option. FITBIT/ GOOGLE please add the ability to show all notification options to allow for better notification interactions. 

Best Answer
It works fine with Microsoft authenticator
Best Answer
0 Votes

do you mean Microsoft authenticator shows an accept/deny option? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes exactly.
Best Answer
0 Votes