Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elliptical machine question

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If I pick the elliptical machine as an exercise, it logs steps, heart rate, etc.  Seems to me that I get more steps by not holding on the handles.  Note, my elliptical machine has stationary handles - they don't move back and forth.

If I use the automatic detection for the elliptical machine set at 10 minutes it does not start the training session.  It just records active minutes and steps.  The automatic detection says it should recognize the activity after 10 minutes holding on to the handles.  Not working for me. 

If we ever get it automatic detection to work does it give me credit for the first 10 minutes it would take to recognize that I am on the elliptical?

So, do I hold on to handles or not?  

I have read that pushing a grocery cart or stroller can result in a lower step count so it seems strange to me that holding on to the handles would actually let the Versa recognize that I am on the elliptical.

Your thoughts?  Help?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If your elliptical has stationary handles then auto track will not be able to detect it. Auto track only works on moving handle ellipticals. However if you were on a machine that it did detect then it will include the first 10 minutes of the activity in the total.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

If your elliptical has stationary handles then auto track will not be able to detect it. Auto track only works on moving handle ellipticals. However if you were on a machine that it did detect then it will include the first 10 minutes of the activity in the total.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info. I understand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes