Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 in Set Up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought and used my Versa for several months. I deleted my account and made a new one after a email hack. Now it will not set-up. I get to the point of adding the 4 digit code and then get an error 500 message. I am on a iPhone 7.

I have: 

-Updated my iOS

-Deleted and reinstalled the app

-Force quit the app

-Tried on and off Wifi

-Disconnected all other bluetooth and the watch itself as well

-Factory reset the watch. 

-Tried the Windows 10 app ("Trouble connecting to FitBit.com)

-Spoke to chat support who told me they know it is an issue but have no timeline for a fix. 

I bought the watch, the coach app and the scale. I sunk so much money into this and they refuse to refund and are not resolving the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I spent 4 hours on the chat feature getting zero help. They kept saying they were aware of the problem (not was specifically causing it) and that it'd be fixed soon (but not what was being fixed). I asked for any detail or timeline and nothing. 

I called into the phone line and the guy I spoke to had it fixed in under 5 minutes. 

If you delete an account, but it is still within a week of doing so, you'll get this error trying to set it up with a new account. You have to log back in on the phone app with the old/deleted account. Doing so reactivates it. Then log out and log into new account. Then you can set yours up. Once you do that, you can redeleted old account.

No one knew this on the chat. I even went back in and gave same scenario and got vague answers again. 

Never use the chat. I don't know if it's bots or people just following a script or what but they have no clue. 

Best Answer