Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive Miles

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed last night that I had over 3,000 miles for the day. I didn’t think too much of it until this morning when I woke up to no steps, no flights of stairs, minimal calories & 32 miles. 

I restarted my watch & synced my watch & it still is showing excessive miles. I’ve only been up 3 hours & already have 342 miles. 

what can I do to get this fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I get excessives flights of stairs. I've been around and around with fitbit support so I'll tell you what they told me. First it was restart, which you've already done. Then this (snipped from their email):

Try to do a factory reset. Please note that this will erase the data on your device but may help with the issue.

1. Hold the left button for about eight seconds. When the Fitbit logo disappears, release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds).
  2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you've initiated the factory reset. After the factory reset, remove the device from your account and set it up again.

Note, none of this worked for me. Instead they offered me a 30% discount on a new fitbit since mine is about 3 months out of warranty. I will withhold my ... feelings about this.

1. Once you setup the device again, you may need to update the device and this may take at least 30 minutes to complete.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. I’ve only had this like a month. I’ll email them & see what they say. It’s driving me crazy. I now have 2,420 miles. 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:🤦🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes