Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercerise app - Treadmill

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used the exercise app for the treadmill for the first time today. The app on versa was WAY off. I did 4.10 miles. Versa has me at 2.54. Is there something that I need to do to get a correct read?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

First, make sure you aren't holding on the bar with the fitbit hand

Also, you might have to tweak the stride length in the fitbit app...perhaps its different than your stride length when running outdoors. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I learned early (and the hard way) to keep the Fitbit hand moving!

I haven't tried it running outside yet, still too cold for me.

How do you tweak the stride length? I have never done anything with that. Before the Versa, I had my daughters hand me down alta. This is a whole new world to me

Do you know if I can edit the workout so it reflects the correct information?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured out my stride and that didn't help at all. Still 2 ish miles off when using the treadmill app. Today I went for a walk using the walk app. it was off but not as much.

Map my walk - 2.29

versa walk app - 2.15

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I ran on the treadmill, didn't hold onto the bar, and it did not accurately record any of my metrics. Do I also have to carry my phone because thentwhat's the point?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Carrying your phone won’t help.  Fitbit iconic measures distance = steps x stride.  Unfortunately it does not consider your speed therefore fitbit measured distance is wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes