Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise App on Versa 3 stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! Normally I can click the shortcut and the walking exerciser will work and track. Today on my walk I tried the shortcut, nothing opened up and then I went to the entire EXERCISES tracker and it would not open either. It did track my steps.  I tried looking around the forum and can't find any help on this issue... I went onto my Android App and sinqued.. but nothing happened. Now... my phone app does not recognize my Versa 3.. VERY CONFUSED.

HELP

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@PraiseDancer Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and sharing those details. 

Please restart your Versa 3 as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face.  Trying switching to a one developed by Fitbit in case you're using one from a third-party developer. Afterwards, test the Exercise app. 

If the issue persists, may I know if this is only happening with the Exercise app? Do the other apps work fine?

Keep me posted. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi there, @HeidiHurl. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

I've seen you reached out to our Support Team after posting here and they've already helped you with this matter. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact them back so they can continue assisting you.

Have a nice day. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

SAME thing happened to me this morning! I was ready to workout and the exercise app is there but won't load......I press it and it just keeps going back to the home screen.

Best Answer

@PraiseDancer Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and sharing those details. 

Please restart your Versa 3 as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face.  Trying switching to a one developed by Fitbit in case you're using one from a third-party developer. Afterwards, test the Exercise app. 

If the issue persists, may I know if this is only happening with the Exercise app? Do the other apps work fine?

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding. I ended up doing a factory reset per customer service and it was working fine until today, 11/7. The exercise shortcuts app will not work. I push it and it does not show a list of exercise choices. I am beyond frustrated because I DO NOT want to do ANOTHER factory reset. I have my Fitbit set up exactly how I want it and do not want to do yet a 4th factory reset (YES 4th!) all because the exercise app stops working about once every 30-45 days. All the other apps are fine. I've shut it down, turned it off, and changed the clock face. This is RIDICULOUS that I pay almost $300.00 for a product that I have to keep resetting to get it to work correctly. I am beyond upset.

Best Answer

This happened to me this morning. I went to choose treadmill via the exercise section, however kept jumping back to home screen. I held the bottom on the left for 10 seconds until the fitbit icon appeared. This seemed to restart the devise. It worked! 

Best Answer

When I click on the exercise app it just goes right back to the home screen. 

I restarted my Versa 3 and changed my clock face. It still doesn't work. 

Best Answer

Hello, Did you ever find a solution for this?

I have the Versa 3 - only had it a month and the same thin happens to me, i click the exercise button and it jumps back to the home screen. I have done a factory reset, changed clock but nothing helps. Very very frustrated. 

Best Answer
I had to do ANOTHER factory reset. It worked for about 2 weeks then the
entire Fitbit stopped working. The "everything" button on the side stopped
working. I fixed the problem by purchasing a Garmin Venu Sq. It is a good
watch but has its quirks too....:-(. Good luck with your Fitbit.

--
*Psalm 149:3 "Let them praise his name with dancing..."*
Best Answer

I have the same problem and have tried all you suggested.  What should I try next?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly, I gave up on FitBit and bought a Garmin.

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me today.  Restarted device multiple times and still won't work.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay mine stopped working about a week ago and I've tried everything to get the app to work again to no avail... QUESTION: Is Fitbit just ignoring all of us who are experiencing this annoying problem?  Has anyone found help and a fix for this?

Best Answer
They sent me a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and purchased a Garmin

--
Best Answer
0 Votes