Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise modes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there 

I  want to buy the versa, but is there maybe somewhere that I can see a list of all the exercises that you can track with the versa, before I  buy? Like a complete list from a-z? 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Freelancer1985, basically you can track any exercise that you want.  

The exercise tracking mode simply creates a label at the start and end of your activity.  In between those times it captures your steps, your heart rate, your calorie burn. and, where relevant, your distance and pace, amd when you sync it logs this information to your account, with the label name.

The Versa has a preloaded set of exercise labels "exercise shortcuts" to choose.  These are:

Run

Walk

Bike

Swim

Treadmill

Weights

Interval

Golf

Yoga

Elliptical

Spinning

Pilates

Kickboxing

Stairclimber

Hike

Tennis

Bootcamp

Circuit training

Martial arts

and the catch-all: Workout

You can have 7 of these available at any one time, but you can switch them in and out whenever you like.

If the exercise you want to track is not on the list, you simply track it as a "workout" and then rename it as you like later (you may need to create a "custom activity" if your activity is not already in the database.

In addition to those activities that you track by using the buttons to start and stop your activity, the Versa will use SmartTrack to automatically detect activities even if you do not use the buttons to start and stop them.  You can turn these activities on or off or set minmum times before tracking begins.  The activities SmartTrack is designed to detect are:

Walking

Running

Aerobic workout

Elliptical

Outdoor bike

Sports

Swimming

My experience is that SmartTrack works very well for walking and running but can be a bit hit or miss otherwise.  However, you can always rename or delete a smarttracked activity.

I hope this helps.  Please post again if any of this is unclear.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @Freelancer1985, basically you can track any exercise that you want.  

The exercise tracking mode simply creates a label at the start and end of your activity.  In between those times it captures your steps, your heart rate, your calorie burn. and, where relevant, your distance and pace, amd when you sync it logs this information to your account, with the label name.

The Versa has a preloaded set of exercise labels "exercise shortcuts" to choose.  These are:

Run

Walk

Bike

Swim

Treadmill

Weights

Interval

Golf

Yoga

Elliptical

Spinning

Pilates

Kickboxing

Stairclimber

Hike

Tennis

Bootcamp

Circuit training

Martial arts

and the catch-all: Workout

You can have 7 of these available at any one time, but you can switch them in and out whenever you like.

If the exercise you want to track is not on the list, you simply track it as a "workout" and then rename it as you like later (you may need to create a "custom activity" if your activity is not already in the database.

In addition to those activities that you track by using the buttons to start and stop your activity, the Versa will use SmartTrack to automatically detect activities even if you do not use the buttons to start and stop them.  You can turn these activities on or off or set minmum times before tracking begins.  The activities SmartTrack is designed to detect are:

Walking

Running

Aerobic workout

Elliptical

Outdoor bike

Sports

Swimming

My experience is that SmartTrack works very well for walking and running but can be a bit hit or miss otherwise.  However, you can always rename or delete a smarttracked activity.

I hope this helps.  Please post again if any of this is unclear.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to add that Elliptical also is always detected as long as you have your hands at the right place on the elliptical machine 🙂

Best Answer

Hi

Thank you, this information is very helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

you Stated the modes can be switch out, How?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have a fitbit Versa and have come across this post when searching how to add toning exercises as an activity (squats, lunges, resistance band work etc)  I note you suggested that you can create a custom activity when logging a previous session, however I can't see an option for this. To be clear, I am going into the manual log activity bit of the app on my phone (android), and all there appears to be is the option to type search the pre-existing list of activities, rather than create something I can label legs bums and tums for example. Thanks in advance! X

Best Answer
0 Votes