Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with Fitbit Customer Service - Versa 2 not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 will not turn on.  Knowing that I am outside the warranty period, I chatted with Fitbit to see if they would offer a solution or discount.  After just supplying constant 'copy and paste' answers from their warranty policy stating that nothing could be done - I replied that since I have been a loyal Fitbit user for close to 10 years, that they would at least offer a discount to prevent me from going to a competitor.  Again, canned response.  I then stated that I felt their customer service had declined, and then the tech support stated "personally, i am sad now".  That was his exact response.  Absolutely unprofessional  In the past, I had an issue with an earlier device, again, just out of warranty and was offered a discount.  Is this not something that is done for loyal customers now? 

Would someone like to recommend an alternative device to the Versa II?  Something similar that Garmin or Samsung offers with 3-4 days battery life?  I think I am done with Fitbit if this is their 'level of service' now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @MelMarie  copy and paste is something with most support, not just Fitbit, as it allows them to give us faster responses. Customer support is the one who would give a discount and those are done on an individual basis, not based on how long we've been using their products.

here are the support contacts I've gleaned over the years on the forums.

when there is someone available, chat is an option. Phone or X/Twitter works well, too.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks for that.

Yes - I am aware of typical tech or customer support.  This is just an very difference experience than I had previously with FitBit.  There was no amount of troubleshooting, no tips.  And again - no offer of a discount seeing how this is an obvious defect.  The responses I received from them via chat went from very cut-and-paste to unprofessional (typos, telling me I hurt their feelings, etc.).  Very bizarre experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes