Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Versa - Battery Life Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I got the FitBit Versa a month ago, and the battery life was fantastic. It would last 3 or 4 days. All of the sudden, it does not last more than a day and half. I use it about the same amount every day, or I did not add any apps to it. I also turned off All-Day Sync to help, and there have been no improvement. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

@tommyboy24 Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Try cleaning the Versas contacts with a toothpick or toothbrush and then use cotton with rubbing alcohol. After this restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Plug it for a couple of hours at least and try using a default clock face (if you are using third party one).

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem in addition to my Versa not showing notifications from calls and messages. Please share your support email address because I want to exchange it and if not I want to return it and get a refund!

Best Answer

@RawanAZ Welcome! It's great to see you around. Sorry to hear about your battery and syncing issues. You could try these suggestions to help with the syncing. If you wish to contact our Support team please check this page.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

mee too! need full refund! not at all happy with the battery life!

Best Answer

@KG2018 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear about your Versa battery like and for the delay in my response. Did you try the suggestions I previously shared in this thread? If you were seeking a refund did you contact our Support team (they will refund your purchase if it is within the first 45 days of purchase and if the purchased was made at the Fitbit.com store)? You can check the warranty for refund instructions and explanation.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having the same issues. At first, my Versa would last about 4 days, now it barely lasts 2.  I have tried all the suggestions as to making the life longer, but even with no apps, and turning off the heart rate monitor (one of the reasons I chose the Versa), it is still barely lasting.  Initially I would get notifications on my phone to tell me my battery is low, now the Versa just dies without warning.  I can look at it and have power, then the next time there is nothing.  

Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer

doesn't only being able to use the default clock face defeat the purpose of having the clock face options? 

Best Answer

I would call fit Bit, so they can help you fix the problem or replace it for you. 

Best Answer

@Bettydoo @stephensmim @Pumpkinbutt Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! @Bettydoo sorry to hear that your Versa's battery is draining quickly. Since you have tried the suggestions in this thread the best thing to do is letting our Support team know about this so they can assist you just like @Pumpkinbutt suggested. @stephensmim some third party clockfaces have been found to give some issues so we only ask to change it to a default to see if there is a difference. @Bettydoo you will get an email from support.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear FITBIT people,

we need instant refund for this device, as am not able to use it for the desired purpose if i have to make it run for one day - i have to switch off all connections and HR, etc., no notifications. Please be customer oriented and accept the problem with your new device. i'll be happy to accept another improvised device when you launch. But for now, am tired of all trials and errors. This R&D should have been performed before product launch. Regards,

@KG2018 wrote:

mee too! need full refund! not at all happy with the battery life!

Best Answer

@KG2018 sorry for the delay in my response. You will need to reach out to our Support team to inquire about a refund. I noticed that you already have a ticket with them so I wanted to know if they were able to help you? Also where did you purchase the Versa from?

I look forward to your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the Versa directly from fitbit. I'll contact the support team. I'm
really disappointed-had great expectations for this upgrade. It really
disappointed. Fitbit needs a rework on this one.
stephensmim
--

----------------------------------------------

*Do What You CanWhere You AreWith What You Have*
Best Answer

@stephensmim Sorry for the delay in my response. I wanted to know how did it go with our support team? I couldn't find any ticket for you so I let them know. You will get an email from them. 

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi AlvaroFitbit,

They sent me a replacement and it's working okay. Thank you for your
response.

Rawan
Best Answer

@RawanAZ thank you for your update. Glad to hear that you got a replacement from our Support team and that you are already back on track. I hope you reach your fitness goals in no time.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear FITBIT managers,
I understand that many enthusiasts have received the replacement device and are pretty satisfied, may i know the process to raise a request for replacement, 
Best regards,Kavita
Best Answer
I didn't get a replacement...am I supposed to be getting one?
Best Answer

I have the exact same issue. In the beginning when I have my Versa it last at least for 4 days to 5, recently I notice my Versa drain so much of battery and I need to charge it every 2 days. Today I do close monitoring on the battery state, from the full charge of 100% drain to 58% for 16 hours that mean in 16 hours it used up 42%. I did not spending any time on my Versa for the app,game,music... it just normal step tracking and checking time.

Best Answer

@yawkuan It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear about your Versa's battery draining quickly and for the delay in my reply. Did you try the suggestions in this thread? Also I noticed that you already have a ticket with Support so I wanted to know if they were able to help you?

I look forward to your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes