Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBitVersa Unresponsive

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa screen has been really dull and unresponsive for about 12hrs now. It won’t let me swipe to a different screen or change settings. It still tracks everything as normal although it’s almost impossible to read due to the light being so low. I tried charging, restarting and everything else the forums says but no luck. It seems like the screen gets brighter initially when I restart it but goes right back to being dull.. please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AdrianDevkaran Thank you for getting back. Despite the charging issues that your Versa experienced, I'm so glad to hear that you will receive a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, are you using a Third Party Clock Face? If yes, change it to one developed by Fitbit itself and restart your Versa. If you're using a Fitbit one, restart your Versa 4-6 times in a row by pressing the left and right lower buttons together untill you see the Fitbit logo and release the buttons. This will reset the internal system of your Versa. 

Best Answer
After switching to a clock face from FitBit, my screen is now totally blacked out, unresponsive and the buttons are not having any effect.. This just made it a worse ☹️ Tried to restart using the method mentioned but the screen just stays blank!

Regards,
Adrian.
Best Answer

Hi Adrian, contact Customer Support about this issue, cause normally when you switch form a Third Party Clock Face to one of Fitbit, the problems are solved. It seems you have a more serious problem.  

Best Answer
Will do...

Regards,
Adrian.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Adrian,

if your contact leads to a replacement of your Versa, see my signature. Thanks,

Best Answer

@AdrianDevkaran It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since its display is not working properly. By the way, thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps that shared @SunsetRunner.

I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via chat. Was a solution provided?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, thanks for reaching out. And thank you! Glad to be a part of the community! Today is the first day I haven’t worn my Fitbit since 12/31. I reached out through Live Chat and was told I have to now get a replacement since mine is now completely blank unresponsive and won’t even charge 🙁
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AdrianDevkaran Thank you for getting back. Despite the charging issues that your Versa experienced, I'm so glad to hear that you will receive a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

This same thing happened to me. The fix worked the first time, but not the second.  It is unresponsive completely. Was told I'd have to purchase new one. Was sent a 35% off code. Went to use it but the versa 2 is on sale so code won't work.  Thought this to be fairly poor customer service, considering all replacements I have required. 

Best Answer
0 Votes