Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 2 won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a Samsung galaxy s21 and I have factory reset watch and uninstalled the app but my versa won't sync to my phone when I go to Bluetooth it keeps saying need a app for the versa.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Are you just setting it up first time, or did you have it set up before and then started messing with it when had a problem?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had it set up with my Google pixel then I got the sg21. I have deleted app shut off factory reset watch and everything. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't quite follow what you have done or why.  Deleting app or doing factory reset have nothing to do with it.

But to switch phones, you basically remove tracker from old phone, then add it to new phone.  If old phone no longer in use, probably don't even have to deal with that; just add tracker to new phone.

1) Preferably do a sync from old phone right before switch, though maybe not necessary.  Remove tracker from old phone.  In app, go to the tracker page (where you would select clock faces or apps) and tap trash can near top right.  Go to bluetooth settings on old phone; if tracker is listed, unpair it.  (If you didn't go through trash can step, I think it is okay as long as you unpair it, or even keep old phone turned off.)

2) On new phone, download Fitbit app, log in with same Fitbit ID/email.  go to 'Set up a device' and add your tracker to this phone just as you did originally on old phone.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnyRow Why "switch" phones? Until my old S5 crapped out last year, I had my Fitbits on 3 phones at the same time. Still have them on 2 phones no problem. If the OP still uses the old phone around the house like I do, it's perfectly fine to leave the Fitbit app on it. 

Best Answer

@MarkMM wrote:

@JohnnyRow Why "switch" phones? Until my old S5 crapped out last year, I had my Fitbits on 3 phones at the same time. Still have them on 2 phones no problem. If the OP still uses the old phone around the house like I do, it's perfectly fine to leave the Fitbit app on it. 

You are right; you can have it on two phones.  I think where you might run into problems would be if someone else in your house were to be using the old phone, say with a different #, then the bluetooth link might run into complications with from which phone, or both, does the tracker get alerts.

Also thought you could run into syncing problems bluetooth confusion with 2 phones nearby if didn't unpair from one of them.  But I've never tried that so don't actually know.

You are probably right the OP could just set up new device from new phone, which step I am guessing she skipped, maybe just having manually paired bluetooth rather than letting the app do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

lol probably? Been doing it for years. Phones can be side by side and no issue. Can sync from app on desired phone ATM. 

Agree it seems @Amberland possibly hasn't set it up right on the app on the new phone? Not much details were explained. 

Best Answer