Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa HR sensor LED's not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
The HR sensor on my Versa stopped working.  Having read through many of the posts on this subject, I have gone through multiple restarts, turning off the HR in settings, followed by multiple restarts ... etc.  I followed the protocol I have read in other posts, but with no success.  The sensor lights have not so much as flickered.   All other functions of the unit seem to be working fine.  What is my next step?  I anxiously await your insights.  BR
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jachet thank you for following up. Just to make sure, if you swipe up on the main screen of your Versa (to open Today app) and scroll down to Heart Rate section, can you see a number there or is it just '--'? If it's the latter one (and you do not have any 3rd party clockfaces installed - sometimes it can cause issues), at this point I am afraid you will have to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. You can call them or use the online chat which is quite fast and convenient. I used it myself a few years back when I needed my Charge HR replaced. Here's the link to Customer Support page. Thank you for being polite and appreciative. This is harder and harder to come by.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@jachet Have you tried performing factory reset (restoring your tracker to factory defaults)? This will wipe your Versa, so please sync first. You will also need to delete your tracker from your Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings. Reboot your phone as well. You can perform factory reset by going to Settings on your Versa, scrolling down to About and tapping Factory Reset. Once Versa resets to factory defaults, you will need to set it up again by adding it as a replacement device in the Fitbit mobile app. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke - thank you for the response and the recommended actions to resolve my Versa issue with the HR sensor not working.   I have completed the factory reset as you recommended, including removing of the device from Bluetooth, restarting the cell phone and setup of a replacement device.  Unfortunately there has been no change in my Versa operation.  The HR sensors are not working, LED's are off.  In settings the HR shows to be "ON".   It appears there is something physically wrong, not firmware related.  What is the next step?

Best Answer

@jachet thank you for following up. Just to make sure, if you swipe up on the main screen of your Versa (to open Today app) and scroll down to Heart Rate section, can you see a number there or is it just '--'? If it's the latter one (and you do not have any 3rd party clockfaces installed - sometimes it can cause issues), at this point I am afraid you will have to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. You can call them or use the online chat which is quite fast and convenient. I used it myself a few years back when I needed my Charge HR replaced. Here's the link to Customer Support page. Thank you for being polite and appreciative. This is harder and harder to come by.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was reading the SDK guide regarding sensor and it appears it is possible to stop the sensor.

Question to moderators, specifically to @JonFitbit . Does the stop command effectively switch off the sensor, turning off the light?

Unfortunately I can not make any test as my Ionic (and his replacement) has since long passed away,

Best Answer

@Marrrmaduke - I am using one of the Staff recommended clock faces.  Unfortunately the HR screen is showing the "-- bpm".   Thank you for taking the time to guide me through the process and for forwarding the link.  I will go through Customer Support as you suggest. 

Best wishes Marrrmaduke.  You are providing a welcomed service ... it is unfortunately that people can be so rude when someone is just trying to help.  Keep up the good work for Fitbit.  I am certain it is appreciated.   

Best Answer

@jachet Thank you! 🙂 Please keep me posted how it goes. Hopefully, this will get resolved soon! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again @Marrrmaduke   I went through the Customer Support process.  They are sending me a replacement.  

Best Answer