Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa Reset during jumping jacks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Coach has 7 minute workout and the first exercise is Jumping Jacks.  The  actual movement of my arms causes my  Fitbit Versa to intermittently reset and it is not dependent on the program. I get the reset Fitbit Logo and everything returns to normal about 30 seconds later.  I believe something inside or the buttons are causing the rest.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@DoorMan Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it seems to be resetting by itself during the jumping jacks exercise.

Please perform a factory reset. To do so on your device, open the "Settings"app, then go to "About", then select "Factory Reset" or Clear User Data". Make sure to sync your Versa before the factory reset process in order to avoid lowing your current data.

Once you've done this, try not using your Versa too tight and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply.  I just did a factory reset and I will let you know if this fixed the problem.  I do not believe this is a software issue for the following reasons:

1. Problem occurs on Fitbit Versa running coach in 7 minute workout during the jumping jack exercise.

2. Problem occurs when doing jumping jacks with the watch idle on the main screen

3. Problem is intermittent, happening about 20% of time 

4. The reset looks like a manual reset when you hit the left and lower right button for 10 seconds. The watch resets, Fitbit symbol, buzzes, and comes back to the watch screen.

5. I do not have any new apps loaded.

6. I am unable to replicate this by moving my arms or wrist.

I believe either the physical motion is simulating a pushing of the left and lower right buttons (reset), or maybe the motion is turning the watch face on/off causing an issue.

Everything else works fine, no complaints with the Fitbit Versa.  The reset does not happen all the time.  Since I posted the original message, I had 2 resets.  I do not perform this exercise everyday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DoorMan Thank you for getting back! I appreciate the time you will take in order to follow the factory reset. Please don't hesitate to get back if the issue persists and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

By the way, thank you for letting me know more details about the issue that your Versa is experiencing.

Looking forward to your response!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, the first time I tired the jumping jacks after the complete factory reset caused the same symptoms. It looks like a reset you get from pressing the left and lower right buttons. This is a mechanical issue and not a software issue because it occurs if the watch is just “ON” or in the “Coach mode” and only happens during the Jumping Jack motion.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes