Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa firmware update solution

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Get right to the point because if you were like me then u tried everything to do firmware update and just want to find answers. Plug fitbit into charger and place usb into a laptop. Once u do that you should hear a noise meaning it reads your fitbit. After few minutes it read usb device completed. So i decided to try update on phone and it worked. Before i had the download fitbit in many languages that kept popping up and ruining my update. U know its working when screen slowly turns all blue. After that my update was complete and all that was left was to pick a watch face. Hope this helps as i was bout to give up and wait for update to fix problem. Good luck to you.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Gr8guy4u it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to thank you for your feedback and sharing the steps you followed in order to have this issue resolved.

I'm pretty sure that this info will be helpful for other users that experience the same issue.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

So i posted here before and cant seem to find my post. Alot of people are fixing their fitbit by just plugging it into a laptop. Dont have to download anything just have fitbit on charger and plug into laptop. It should read your fitbit after u get the alert that it sees your fitbit try to do update on app on ohone. Worked for me and many others. Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Gr8guy4u  your post was merged. If you can't find a post you made, go to your profile and you'll see a list of every post you've made. Click on your avatar and you'll see it. Keep on stepping!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup. Can confirm that the "connect the tracker to a laptop via USB" is a get out of jail card in some cases if the problem is software related.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After spending days following advice trying to bring my Versa back to life and always returning to the same point of needing to complete a firmware update I was ready to give up. Thank you so much for giving my life back!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I plugged it to my laptop; no response. What's next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about using a hair dryer to get rid of moisture inside? Has that worked for anyone? Any side effects if I do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

To remove moisture, put the pebble in a dry bowl of rice for about 48 hours, then clean all connections and charge it as well as do a restart of it. A hair dryer isn't really good at getting rid of moisture, but you can always try @alamidas 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes