Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa suddenly crashed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

My Versa just suddenly crashed out of the blue a couple of hours ago. I use a OnePlus6 mobile (Android) (not that it matters), and have tried both the restart option (back button + bottom right) and hard reset (all three buttons together) - neither work.

Further, when I charge the device on a laptop, a Fitbit logo comes for a few seconds, but then the screen goes blank, and this process repeats endlessly. 

What's going on? Is this because of the firmware update? Just seems totally out of the blue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
35 REPLIES 35

Sorry to post again but would really appreciate a response.

I have tried everything - reinstalling the Fitbit app, navigating to settings and somehow managing to do a factory reset etc. NOTHING is working. 

I just don't understand how it stopped working all of a sudden!

Best Answer

Mine has done the same thing and I’m not sure how to fix it I’ve have nothing but problems with it. 

Best Answer

I had the same problem. First I wiped the Hold all the buttons simultaneously down for 10 seconds. When I did that it came on for me.

Best Answer
I’ve done that it didn’t work
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already tried this multiple times and it doesn't seem to work for me at all. 

in fact new update - the fitbit has now completely shut down. Not even lighting up when charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing here and now it won’t even link with my phone
Best Answer

Wipe the contacts on charger and back of watch with alcohol and try holding buttons down after that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still nothing
Best Answer
0 Votes

mines done the same thing since trying to install the latest firmware. All I get is the logo screen but the app wont recognise the device. Holding buttons down etc as advised does nothing either. I even tried plugging it in with charger to my PC but again nothing. Lucky I still have my old Charge2 and that works. Very disappointed that Fitbit would release a firmware update that clearly hasn't been tested and its bricked countless devices and from what I've heard all they're able to do is offer people a 25% discount on a new item? I'll continue to use my Charge and save up for a Garmin I think. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
See but mine did this two weeks ago I never downloaded anything on it so
I’m not sure but I’m not happy with Fitbit this is my 3rd Versa.
Best Answer

mines now dead. black screen won't respond to anything. Fitbit customer support sent me an email response and directed me to a troubleshooting guide recommending I access the settings menu on the watch I've told them is not working! I told them to fix it or replace (its less than 12 months old) or I'll go and get a garmin like my husbands which so far after many years appears to be indestructible!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa crashed also. Was fully charged but completely blank

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lots of people are having the same issue, you can see all the other posts on the forum. My versa bricked yesterday . I called fitbit and they're sending a replacement

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spoke to customer service. they confirmed that I have exhausted all possible troubleshooting options that they could have recommended. 

And then they basically told me - your device was purchased more than 12 months ago, so sorry we can't offer you a replacement. Yes, it is our firmware update that screwed your fitbit up, but screw you - we ain't offering you a thing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since morning my watch has the same problem I am just able to see the logo,done all the necessary off n on but nothing seems to help .its not even 4 months I bought my versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is less then 12 months old as well if they won’t replace it I’ll never
get an other one
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit just sent this response. this is not a joke. They actually said that hardware and software not working is beyond human control :DFitbit just sent this response. this is not a joke. They actually said that hardware and software not working is beyond human control 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for reporting the issues you were having with your Versa smartwatches. I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshooting them prior to contacting us. I must also say that I appreciate you helped each other in order to fix the screen of your smartwatches. I've seen some of you have contacted our Support Team and saw that you were offered a replacement already.

Hello @aneishgoel and @troutbum. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this situation with your Versa smartwatches as well. Note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Then, if the tracker is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option. For our full warranty terms and conditions, see our Return Policy and Warranty.

As you've mentioned @SunsetRunner, you've already spoken to our Customer Support Team  who gave the 25% discount option as per our Warranty Policy. This is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family I'm sure our team will be more than glad to help you further with this. While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

As you were informed @aneishgoel, Fitbit does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. See the Fitbit Terms of Service for details of your rights with respect to use of the software and related services.

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Then they need to replace them they cost to much to just stop working
Best Answer