Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa will not receive text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Versa that has worked great until yesterday. I updated my iPhone 8plus with the new IOS 13.1.1 software update. After this installation, my Fitbit has only been getting notifications from email, snapchat, calls etc. and not one text message will come through. I realize this update is probably the source of my text notification issue but was wondering if anyone has found a solution? It is driving me nuts.

I have restarted my watch, my phone, unpaired and re-paired the watch to bluetooth, deleted the fit bit app restarted my phone and re-downloaded the app to pair with the device, none of which has worked. I have also checked notifications settings for messages on both my iPhone and within the Fitbit notifications on the app, both are clicked on to allow notifications. When I have toggled on and off these last two settings in the past, I have selected allow notifications between my phone and watch multiple times. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Very frustrating!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

The main reason I upgraded to the Versa was to see who was texting me at work where I cannot have my phone visible. (Elderly mom, kids, grandkids, husband) My last text notification on my Versa was September 20, 2019. Today is October 9th. My Iphone has done 2 updates in this time. I have followed and done all instructions given for fixing this problem and Still no text messages. My Versa buzzes and shows me incoming calls, and gives me notifications of steps needed for this hour or step goal met for the hour, but NO text messages. Frustrating!!

Best Answer
In settings you have to have “show previews “ when unlocked or always. I’m not happy about that because in the preview show on your phone so I’ve taken to keeping my phone facedown. I hope they fix this!

Bobbie
Best Answer
0 Votes

This was the “best answer” sent to me quickly. Maybe not read that I have done all these steps on my IPhone 7 more than once!! My notifications text previews is set to Always. Still no text on Versa since Sept 20th!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree!! SO frustrating. Mine is the EXACT same thing and nothing is working. I’m beyond frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I called there and the rep had me go through the whole procedure, Forget this device, make sure the Bluetooth is blah blah blah, and it was the preview thing that did it for me. What’s interesting though, is that a friend who has a newer version of the versa never had a problem after the update. Another user said they had the same thing about the previews showing up, and agreed that it was not the best solution, but at least text were coming in. Hopefully Fitbit and Apple Are truly working to solve this problem.

Bobbie
Best Answer

My preview still is notifications - show previews - Always!!
I have turned this off and back on. No difference. It was set to always
before the update and is still set there.

I just got the Fitbit Versa firmware update and installed it. Then my
husband tried sending me a text message. IT STILL DOES NOT SHOW ON MY
VERSA!!!

And yes, I checked and my notifications previews are on always and
everything set as the original "fix" said to do that did not fix the issue.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I have tried all the troubleshooting and still do not receive text messages.  Is there a time frame for this to be fixed?

Best Answer
I finally got mine to work but I have to set the settings to allow previews of texts all the time. I don’t like it because I don’t want everyone to see what messages I get on my phone but then I at least get the messages on my Fitbit

Bobbie
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Mine finally started working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you still have to use the previews all the time? Mine works but that’s the part I don’t like.

Bobbie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same!! Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

After updating the firmware for Versa (not Versa 2)  , the notification for phone call is appearing but I'm still unable to receive notifications on the Versa, even though they appear on the phone.

I tried all suggestions here in this post but to no avail.  Also, after the Versa update, it is not clear how to enable Notifications.  It seems the Do not Disturb is how notifications are enabled or not.  I have DND turned off.

Also, the screen that was initially assigned to the left button was not not clear.  It took me several minutes to discover that I needed to swipe down to Save the setting for the left button as the Save option was not visible.

Thanks,

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, can't receive texts, emails nothing.  I have done everything they said and still nothing!!! Someone please help!!!

Best Answer

I have tried all the restarts, bluetooth, shut downs 6 times over the past month.  Still not working.  When will it be fixed!!!!

Best Answer

After following all instructions and making sure notifications are set exactly as specified, I am still not receiving texts, calls, or any other notifications on my Versa.  This is so disappointing.  Any additional word on this?

Thanks,

Erin

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem and very disappointed. It’s a shame as this was a big reason why I bought the watch. Fitbit aren’t replying by Twitter. How else can you get in touch with them please, from there UK. Thank  you 

Best Answer
I called customer service; it must be a number for UK customers.
Have you tried setting your phone, Settings> Notifications> Show previews>Always

Not too happy about having my Messages always shown, but it’s the only way it To receive them on my Fitbit. I’ve gotten into the habit of keeping my phone facedown.
Good luck
Best Answer
If you go into the app their is a tab for support. I usually email and they get back within a few days.

Click on your icon top left corner
Help
Ios help

I may be getting and iwatch. Sadly.

Tammy
Best Answer
I’m not sure why, but my messages are showing up again. Hope yours start working again soons

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi there Jogger.  I have tried re-configuring the notification settings in every way imaginable.  I followed Fitbit's instructions on this, and it still doesn't work.  I've had the notifications on 'always', and while they show on my phone, they do not come through to my device still.  I haven't had a notification since mid-late September. This has gotten past ridiculous at this point...

I fell everyone on the frustration here. My Versa is only 14 months old.  I'm now looking for other options.  It's really sad because I loved everything about this watch/tracker until this issue. 

Best Answer