Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Worked for about three weeks then quit ... any idea on when it will work again?

I have a Moto Z2 Force

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It's great to see you around @montanasteele02.

Remember that in order to have a good connection between your watch and phone, it needs to be compatible. Have you checked if your phone is compatible? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at our list of compatible mobile devices.

If your phone isn't there, it doesn't mean that it won't work with your Versa but you might experience some connectivity issues. You can always try the instructions provided in the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? but I don't guarantee it will work as it should.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize it's not compatible, but I was hoping for someone to let me know when it will be? As I said it worked for three weeks. Then stopped

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @montanasteele02.

We don't have this type of information, you can keep an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update. In the meantime, keep in mind that you can always sync your watch with a computer or a compatible unit.

If you need anything else, let me know. Man Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa also quit syncing after doing fine for a week?  Why??  No changes to phone and bluetooth still shows versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this is what I was sent. And it worked for me!

It was a pleasure to chat with you today. I'd like to send you the troubleshooting steps that we took today to try to get the Versa syncing properly again.

So to do this, please try the following:

• Please make sure that there isn't any other bluetooth enabled device near of the Android mobile device that you're using and the Fitbit Versa, since this can cause interference for the syncing, setup and firmware updates processes. If there's any, turn it's bluetooth connection off or take it away.
  • Make sure that the Fitbit app is up to date on your mobile device, for instructions to update it, you can check this: How do I update the app to the latest version?
  • Now, please go to your mobile device's settings, and select Bluetooth. 
  • if you can see your Versa under "Paired", please tap on the gear/option icon next to it, and then tap on "Unpair" (if the Versa is not there, please skip this step)
  • Restart your Versa, to do so, follow the instructions here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your mobile device.
  • Wait 10 seconds and then turn your mobile device's Bluetooth back on (and without making any change on the bluetooth settings on your mobile device's) go straight to the FItbit app. 
  • Open the Fitbit app and the syncing should occur automatically. 

After this the syncing process should be completed and done flawlessly, if not, then please let us know by replying to this email, or by getting back to us via phone or chat and using this number as reference: 25070032 so we can further assist you with this.

Cerece, we're more than happy to continue assisting you, and we're looking forward to hearing from you with the results of this instructions. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or requests.

Sincerely,

Leon JG and the Fitbit Team

--

Reply directly to this email to update your case. #25070032

Join the growing Fitbit Community! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends.

ref:_00D40N2lj._5000b1GaO1B:ref

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Versa is still "buggy" and although the app is up to date, the watch
doesn't sync. Even though I have manually "forced" a sync between app and
watch, the last update was this morning at 09:02 (11 hours ago). I have had
this watch for a week and I have been asked by the app to "restart
Bluetooth" at least 50 times. And yes, I have tried to re-pair with my
phone several times (and the app is updated- just checked again). My phone
is running Android 8.0.0 (version: OPS27.104-15-10).

As for other Bluetooth devices - I am surrounded by them, so I cannot turn
off my devices in the house (thermostat, kitchen appliances, entertainment
center amplifier, headphones and earbuds - and when I leave home, my cars.
This has not been a problem for any of the other devices, including the
watch I have worn for years.

I have owned four Pebbles for over three years (since Kickstarter) and I
assumed since you purchased the company, that this watch would be an
improvement over the Pebbles, or at least the same, but this watch is a real
disappointment. First, other than the heart monitor, this watch and its OS
is lacking several useful features of the Pebble - multiple faces, constant
face readout (incredibly useful during exercise I now realize because this
watch "turns off"), great charging cord for travel, longer battery life, and
although I know you are "growing" - a more robust community of developers.
>From the beginning, that watch worked robustly and without the bugs I have
encountered in one week of owning the Versa. It is going back in the drawer
and my Pebble Steel is coming back out.

I will keep paying attention to your development, but for now, the Versa
does not meet my requirements for ease of use and usefulness.

-D.Davis
Best Answer
0 Votes