Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app counting manually-entered exercises twice

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My Fitbit app counts the exercises that I have entered manually twice. For example, if I do a running session via my Fitbit Versa and I register it (via the Run option available in the watch, I start it before running and switch it off when I am done), the session will appear as Run in my daily exercises. Unfortunately, another automatically detected running session, that generally lasts longer than the real one, will also appear. Same for bike sessions. It seems to me that Fitbit's automatic detection of exercises doesn't stop when a manual exercise is being carried out, which is not ideal. I have temporarily fixed the issue by deactivating the automatic detection of exercises, but I would like something more viable as the automatic detection is very useful when it's not faulty. I don't always remember to set my watch when I exercise.

For info, my Fitbit app is linked to MyFitnessPal only and I do not enter any exercise on MFP. I just use it to enter my meals. My phone is a Huawei Mate 20 Pro under Android.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will be able to help me solve my issue.

Cheers!

Juliette

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Are you abbbsolutely sure that the exercises are not comming from MyFitnessPal? I mean, the Exercise Log History is supposed to hide any automatically tracked exercises that overlap with a different one (manually tracked with the exercise app, with the phone's MobileRun feature, or manually logged through your Fitbit app or a third party app like Strava/MyFitnessPal).

The ones that are logged manually can overlap, and sometimes what I've seen happening is that the integration between the two apps (i.e. Fitbit & Strava) ends up creating a copy of the exercise like this:

Versa syncs with your Fitbit account > Exercise now logged in Fitbit > Fitbit account syncs with Strava account > Exercise now logged in Strava > Strava syncs with the Fitbit account > Duplicate Exercise now logged in Fitbit.

Either way, it's weird that the issue was resolved by turning off the automatic exercise detection. Perhaps you can check that with Customer Support.

狂乱 Hey Kids!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Are you abbbsolutely sure that the exercises are not comming from MyFitnessPal? I mean, the Exercise Log History is supposed to hide any automatically tracked exercises that overlap with a different one (manually tracked with the exercise app, with the phone's MobileRun feature, or manually logged through your Fitbit app or a third party app like Strava/MyFitnessPal).

The ones that are logged manually can overlap, and sometimes what I've seen happening is that the integration between the two apps (i.e. Fitbit & Strava) ends up creating a copy of the exercise like this:

Versa syncs with your Fitbit account > Exercise now logged in Fitbit > Fitbit account syncs with Strava account > Exercise now logged in Strava > Strava syncs with the Fitbit account > Duplicate Exercise now logged in Fitbit.

Either way, it's weird that the issue was resolved by turning off the automatic exercise detection. Perhaps you can check that with Customer Support.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi and thanks for your answer.

Actually you are right, my MFP app did log in some exercises because it was linked to my Google Fit (I didn't enter anything manually in MFP but Google Fit automatically detected some exercises and logged them on MFP).

I have now deleted Google Fit, therefore have no more entry under exercise in MFP, and so far my issue seems to be resolved.

Thanks again for replying and sorry for not having checked the Google Fit thing before asking for help.

Cheers

Juliette

Best Answer
0 Votes