Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit doesnt recognise active hours or add steps to challenges?!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

OK can someone please help me out. my fitbit is picking my steps up no problem and are reasonably accurate however. I am active from usually 0600 til perhaps 2200. For the last few days my fitbit is telling me I have been totally inactive for all of those hours (no 250 steps per hour) but still picks up that I have walked in excess of 20000 steps per day. Not only that, while my steps show correctly on the dashboard and correctly on workweek hustle, they do not show on the trail challenges. I completed the 65000 challenge in 2 days while the challenge board said I had barely started! I don't use third party apps, I don't manually input exercise and I started the challenges myself so time difference isn't a factor. Something screwy is going on and I cant work out what. I've reset the device, logged in and out, uninstalled the app. Nothing has helped.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Kerrie810  it's great to see you around! 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing the details of what you're experiencing with your Hourly Activity Goal and steps not being updated on the trial challenges. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this by restarting the device and logging in and out and uninstalling the app. 

Thank you for reporting the issue with Hourly Activity Goal. Our team is aware of it and they are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I am sorry for any trouble. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Regarding the issue with your step total not updating on your challenge, the possible reasons are the following:

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile).

2. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges.

For more information about challenges please see here.

Looking forward to your response!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LiliyaFitbit,

1, I have no idea what mobile track is. Fitbit says in my settings "GPS on" but I cant say as I've ever used the function and wouldn't know how supposing I wanted to.

2, My challenges were working just fine until the last app update. I have changed no settings and I have absolutely no idea what live data mode is but, if I slide my screen down a little, it does say connected under the word VERSA. Just of late, my app now continually gripes at me about synchronization if I shut it down. which is both battery killing and irritating. Whichever way, my challenges aren't just a few steps out, the are tens of thousands out. Only on the trails though. My weekly hustle is step perfect. One Trail in particular I should have completed and probably come first in within 2 days according to my dashboard but, I haven't moved on the challenge. Something else it is doing is auto recognizing exercise that I'm not doing. Like elipical and sport. I do a lot of walking and a lot of running. I don't use elipticals or do sport?!

The challenges are the only reason I stay with Fitbit but, this is just really poor now. If the dashboard isn't feeding to the challenges accurately then what's the point. If you can help that would be great as its driving me nuts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kerrie810 ! Thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Thank you for sharing the additional details, I appreciate your efforts to resolve this. If you would like to learn about MobileTrack, please see here

I would like to confirm that we've received similar reports about challenges, and have escalated the issue to our engineering team. While we don't have a timeline for resolution, we will continue to investigate these discrepancies.

We appreciate your patience. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue and I’m angry that I’m now losing a challenge because my steps aren’t showing in the challenge 😡

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @lpttns . 

Thank you for joining this conversation and sharing your experience. I totally understand how you are feeling and would like you to confirm the following possible reasons for this issue: 

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

I also recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates. Have you tried to restart the app and the phone?

For more information, see our information about challenges at http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1531

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. I've barely sat all day. I was up by 4 am as usual and have been doing housework all day.  I've sat twice for about 10 minutes, and the device is logging steps but shows zero activity as if I've just been sitting on my butt all day. I'm pretty disappointed with this trash product. It's glitchy as hell right down to software functionality, not just its inability to do what it's supposed to do and measure what it's supposed to measure with any degree of accuracy. Considering the premium price for the product coupled with the monthly fees this thing is an overpriced and poorly developed cash grab that more often than not, completely fails at its advertised functions. I'm giving it another week or two to see if maybe it improves, but I'm not seeing any reason why it would suddenly begin functioning as promised, when its been nothing but glitches, straight out of the box.

Best Answer
0 Votes