Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit versa corrupt double display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hoping for some help. My fitbit versa (bought in January 2019) has started showing a double screen display that vibrates. I didn't do anything different to normal and don't wear it in water but one night it was working and the next morning it was showing this. I tried resetting it with no luck. I've emailed Fitbit support with a video and photo but the reply I got was to try resetting it again and doing a factory reset.

Then when I let them know that these didn't work they replied "Unfortunately, we have exhausted all troubleshooting steps and your Versa still has a corrupted display. Furthermore, your product doesn’t meet the replacement requirements of our warranty policy."

I'm really disappointed that a $300 device doesn't last much longer than a year with good care and no explanation of how the issue started. 

I am hoping someone else out there has had the same issue and has some sort of solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SarahJen You are entitled to a replacement. Take a look at this link. I will also flag your post for Customer Support but given the covid situation the response may take a while. If I were you, I would reach out to Fitbit again and inform them about ACCC rules.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

@SarahJen I am trully sorry to hear that. 😞 Were you able to perform a factory reset successfully like in wiping the device and setting it up again? If the problem still persists even after several successful factory resets, I am afraid there's not much you can do. Unfortunately, Fitbits are not exactly serviceable... 😞

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately no difference with the factory resets. 

I think I'll be changing brands away from fitbit with my next purchase as it's very disappointing for a watch that's 14 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahJen And you're not in Europe (EU has mandatory warranty of 2 years) or don't have an extended warranty from the retailer? I would still reach out to Customer Support because it is obviously a hardware issue. The prouct should not fall apart and I would hazard a guess it's defective unit as I had several Fitbits (Versa, Versa 2) and they did not fall apart. I am trully sorry really. 😞 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke Thanks for the reply. Here in Aus they do have the 2 year warranty but when I've contacted the they said that it isn't covered 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahJen Are you still within 2 years? 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Marrrmaduke yes I am 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahJen You are entitled to a replacement. Take a look at this link. I will also flag your post for Customer Support but given the covid situation the response may take a while. If I were you, I would reach out to Fitbit again and inform them about ACCC rules.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @Marrrmaduke I will definitely follow up with them again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahJen Please do. You purchased the tracker after the court decision in 2018 so you are entitled to 2 years warranty. I did flag your post for Customer Assistance but given the current situation reply here might take a while.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Marrrmaduke after contacting them again  and explaining a second time they have allowed me to send my faulty fitbit back and hopefully I will get a replacement soon! 

Best Answer

@SarahJen good good! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer