Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS won't connect?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a particular sequence to get the exercise apps to connect to the phone GPS? Phone GPS and Bluetooth is on, I go into Walking Exercise on my Versa and it never stops 'Connecting...' - it can't find the GPS. I also tried loading the fitbit app on the phone but that didn't help. This is my 2nd Versa (returned the first with problems connecting, etc.). I had this one connect OK to the GPS for a walk yesterday but now I can't make this happen (also restarted the phone and the watch). As of today I am on the new firmware - 32.32.10.15, android app is 2.71. Did this get broken or am I missing a step?

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I have been seeing people have been having connection issues with fitbit connected GPS. This is really easy to fix. 

1)Go in to your phones location settings. 

2) Go on to location method and select phone only. 

Make sure the exercise you are doing allows for connected GPS. 

Also in the fitbit app settings make sure automatic location is on. 

Hope this helps! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this information. I was becoming increasingly annoyed at not being able to connect to GPS. It worked the very first time I used my new Versa and that was it. I was ready to throw it in the bin.  

I have followed your advice and my Versa has connected every time. Again a big thank you

Best Answer

Also another way if your still having issues is to go onto the app. 

An update 

- In your phones settings go to location, location method, phone only. 

This makes fitbit connected straight away. Im using a Samsung so other phones settings might be different. 

This is the second method if your phone keeps losing connection 

1) make sure your GPS and everything is on on your phone. Go on exercise in the app and press the stopwatch and then track. 

2) on your fitbit versa select the exercise you want. 

3) Go for a walk or whatever you have selected. They should keep the connection. 

4) when you have finished sync the devises. You should have two exercise stored in the app. You can delete one of them keeping the one with your route and pace. 

By doing this I find it helps keep a connection if your having an issue. 

Best Answer

Very frustrating. I've had my Versa Lite for about two months now and it's only connected to GPS once. I think I've finally figured out my problem. The thing is just really slow to connect. Like most people, when I'm selecting the exercise on my Versa, I'm ready to start exercising. So, I watch the connecting icon for a bit, give up and hit start on the exercise and take off. It never connects, and never maps my run. 

Ironically, while reading this thread I opened the Run exercise and left it sitting at the main screen showing the connecting icon at the top while I read the posts. Then it vibrated and connected!

What the...? So, I backed out of everything and did it again. It connected again. It takes a full 30 seconds to almost a minute to connect, but it connects.

FYI, I have a OnePlus 6T Android phone. Hope this helps someone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaybo  It also seems to really help to make the connection indoors or in your car rather than outside which is the opposite of what Fitbit recommends. Seems big open space makes the Bluetooth connection harder to e secure for the exercise. Once you go outside, then press the Go triangle. 

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer

I got a new phone. Now everything works fine if I start the Fitbit app on the phone before attempting to connect with the Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I gave up on Fitbit. I just got Samsung watch and i would never go
back to Fitbit. Good luck
Best Answer

Heading in that direction myself. GPS used to work. Didn't change a thing. GPS stopped working and now I can't get it to work again. This isn't the first time I've had to wrestle with the watch trying to get it to work right.

I'm done with (giving me) fit**ahem**.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had this same problem with GPS connection after running 1st time...after that I found out that I jave to remove Versa from Fitbit app and then add it back to it...I loose all exercises but at least gps is working good for another 2 weeks...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a motorola G6 and the GPS will not connect with my Versa lite

It is fine for bluetooth syncing and can even pair it to control the music on my phone but it will not connect

to GPS. My previos charge 3 connected ok and the fitbit app on the phone gives me a nice map.

The stupid thing is that sitting in front of my PC it shows connected with the bluetooth on the phone switched off so I assume it is connecting to the location services on my PC.

It is very annoying as I have only just got this Versa lite as my charge 3 was turning a 4 mile walk into a 5  mile walk and the one before that was giving me heart rate readings on my walk of around 170 when the actual  reading was around 90 (I am nearly 73 by the way with a heart condition), then the alta before that stopped charging so I am not having a great deal of luck with fitbit.

If fitbit read these comments can they try and do something about the problem  given it seems to be a problem of the versa rather than just the one I have then swapping it will be no good.

Best Answer
0 Votes