Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass vs Film Screen Protector

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I realize the importance of a screen protector to protect against scratches but I was just wondering if a glass screen protector was really necessary to protect against shattering though. I am currently on my 3rd glass protector because those break so easily as soon as you have the tiniest bump. I'm tired of walking around with a chipped protector on, it really takes away from the look of the watch. Would a film protector be sufficient since this is gorilla glass? Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I dont know that answer, but I have been using IQ sheilds on my Ionic and Versa (wet install film). During that time I have had no problems with scratches nor have I cracked the screen. Maybe neither of those events would have occured if I hadn't has the shield on either, but I just dont know. I know there are some repots on here of cracked screens, but there have been over a million Versas sold and only a handful of complaints about cracked screens. It might happen, be it seems unlikely to me.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I agree with Nellie. I use the same as she does and never had a problem.

But I also have never bumped the glass like you have stated. Maybe you are bumping it because the glass protector sticks out?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes