Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa questions

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa yesterday. Today I way walking and had the exercise opened. I couldn’t find a way to return to the home screen. Is this possible to do? Also is there a way to display Steps on the exercise app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What type of exercise have you selected? If you select a step-based exercise (e.g. Walk), you can have steps displayed: just swipe the large (yellow) number in the middle to the side (left or right), cycling until you get the metrics you’re interested in, in this case, steps. You can also tap repeatedly on the display to achieve the same result.

As to returning to the home screen, this will done after you stop the exercise. AFAIK, you can’t do it while the exercise is still going on.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

What type of exercise have you selected? If you select a step-based exercise (e.g. Walk), you can have steps displayed: just swipe the large (yellow) number in the middle to the side (left or right), cycling until you get the metrics you’re interested in, in this case, steps. You can also tap repeatedly on the display to achieve the same result.

As to returning to the home screen, this will done after you stop the exercise. AFAIK, you can’t do it while the exercise is still going on.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
On my Versa I choose Workout and start which displays Pulse Rate in the middle. Swiping right displays Calories, Time of Day, then Elapsed of Workout, and back to Pulse Rate. It does not allow Steps. I can’t swipe left.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

As I said, it works if you select a step-based activity. The generic "Workout" activity isn’t considered step-based. What is it you are doing for which you would like to see steps displayed during the activity, to which none of the existing step-based activities would apply? Note that steps accumulated during the activity are reported in the summary you can access after the activity has been stopped. You can also see steps accumulate in real time in the mobile app, if your phone is with/on/near you during the workout, and you’ve selected the relevant syncing options for your tracker in the app.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
I finally realized that the Workout was not for walks, so I switched to the Run which seems to be working much better. That one shows the steps and is more accurate for distance.

Thanks very much for your help, I appreciate it.

Doug

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just in case: there’s also an activity labeled "Walk" (as well as one labeled "Hike"), so if you’re actually walking, why not log your activity as "Walk"? If "Walk" is missing from the Exercise selection on your Versa, you can add it via the mobile app. However, I believe it should be there by default on a newly configured Versa. Note that you can change the order in which exercises appear on your Versa (also done in the mobile app), so you may want to put the ones you use most often at the top of the list.  

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
I found Run Walk. It is a paid app. Is that the one you are talking about? I didn’t find one in The Exercise app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, what I meant is the Fitbit app, which is free. In it, you can configure your exercise shortcuts. For me, it looks like this:

Screenshot_20180805-130502.png

You can have up to seven exercise shortcuts. You can remove exercises you are never going to use (e.g. golf, if you don’t play golf) and add those you are doing. You can also change their order. The above screenshot is from the Android version of the Fitbit app, but you should have the same on the iPhone, if your platform is iOS.

Any change made to the exercise shortcut list will be reflected on your Versa after the next syncing.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
I figured out my problem. I had to remove 2 apps in order to add Walk and Hike.

Thanks
Doug

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer