Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet does not work - Update- as at 13/4 it’s workin*.

I have used Fitbit Pay for 3 years. On the weekend my watch updated to Google Wallet preventing me from paying with my watch. 
After numerous attempts to set up Google Wallet it is not working for me. 

I am disappointed that Google can do this change without prior warning. 

help is welcomed 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I’m having the same issue, it’s frustrating!  Tried multiple times, even removed and reinstalled the App…no dice.  Please fix it soon!

IMG_4328.png

Best Answer

Hi, same issue based on your screen shot still.
I just spent 30 minutes on phone with 2 support staff, nice but still not fixed.At their suggestion we reinstalled latest software, updated phone and apps and still no luck. I have sent them the sad news and hope they will be able to resolve. 
A pity as mine crashed whilst shopping. So glad I had a back up card in my phone. 

Proof that we cannot rely on technology and a reminder not to put all our eggs in the one basket . 

Best Answer

Same issue.

Google pay is normal in my mobile phone. I set up google wallet for my Versa 2 through the app. After inputting the security code, the app displays "contacting your bank ..." and then "Somthing went wrong, Please try again later".

Would Fitbit/Google please follow the issue.

Best Answer

I was really happy to see Fitbit Pay got updated to Google Wallet since my card/bank wasn't supported on Fitbit Pay - my excitement didn't last long since I am experiencing the same problem as described in this thread. The app display "contacting your bank ..." and then "Something went wrong, please try again later". I hope we will get some help to resolve this problem.

---

I just noticed that the list of banks for Google Wallet supported banks isn't the same on the Fitbit page (link) and on the Google Wallet page (link). For my case, my bank is listed on the Google Wallet page, but it isn't listed on the Google Wallet Fitbit page, so that might be the problem.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, chated w/ Fitbit for half hr, They can't make it works, ugh.

---

If anyone have the solutions please shared, thanks. 

Best Answer

I have received a reply saying Fitbit Pay will be deactivated 29/7 and Google Wallet will be working g soon.

Sadly no date was given and as my Fitbit pay is already not working, we are stick without pay function.

My solution is to wear a different watch until the fix is done, purely so I do not get caught without the ability to pay for things like I have be3n accustomed to. No choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

My Google wallet on Fitbit versa 2 finally works after I called help center and told them my ios is 16.7.7 also my gmail acct.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE to all…..it’s fixed. You might need to reset or log back into Google wallet but it now works. Hooray 

Best Answer

I tried it again with 3 different card and only one worked….keep getting error messages on the other 2 (AMEX and VISa).  Anyone ran into similar issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wondering if all of us having this issue has an apple phone which in that case won’t connect with a non Apple device. Yes, it needs to be fixed.

Best Answer

I have an iPhone and my card is supported but Google Pay says there is an issue with my bank, despite the card working contactless with Wsllet and previously with Fitbit pay. I get this message:

IMG_1889.png

Best Answer
Hi, no, not having Amy issues now. As I updated on 13 th April my Google Wallet via Fitbit is now working as they did do their fix and upgrade as advised.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes