Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Googlification of fitbit app

I just got a new phone, Samsung s24+, and I'm trying to get my versa 3 to recieve texts and notifications to my watch.  However I cannot find the section within the app that lets you choose the various text option (messages, google text, etc), email (gmail) and other specifics about what is sent to the watch from the phone. I remember vaguely an area in the fitbit app that was titled "wrist notifications' or similar? I'm getting nowhere fast. I'm sure they are trying to force me to get a google watch, jokes on them, my next watch is a samsung, especially with this garbage. Any help is appreciated. Tried resetting watch and phone, watch actually says its paired but when I open the app a big red banner says "to sync reliably, let fitbit link to your versa 3". Like i'm stopping it somehow.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @OrthoShoe  looks like we have the same phone. I just got mine last week and spent a day playing with the settings. At first, I was not getting my notifications until I poked about and found how to set them.

From the Fitbit app, go to the symbol upper left of the dashboard. Click on it. Then click on your device. Scroll down to Notifications and select the ones you wish. The main thing for me is selecting the correct messaging symbol. I use Verizon's messaging system, not Samsung's or Google's. Once I corrected it, as it wasn't the default setting, I started getting my calls and texts.

If you see that message again, click to pair. I had it pop up once and tapped to link it. It worked.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes