Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a phone call on my Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The other day I was startled to hear a ringing sound from my Fitbit (no ringing from my landline phone, which was nearby).  I saw a phone icon on the Fitbit and tapped it, and heard a tinny voice talking.  I responded and told the person I would call him back.  He later called me, and the call came through on my landline phone as usual.  This has not happened since.  Needless to say, the landline phone is not on my local network, and doesn't have Bluetooth.  Why did this happen, and how can I stop it?  The sound quality is not viable for a voice call, and anyway I have my landline phone at home and my iPhone when away from home.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

What is particularly strange is that the Versa 2 doesn't have a speaker so cannot make any noise.

Could the first call have come through to your iPhone rather than your landline? I'm thinking that your Versa 2 may have been notified that you had an incoming call and the notification lets you accept or reject calls. If you accepted the call could the tinny voice you heard have been coming from your nearby iPhone?

Perhaps you could check your call logs on iPhone and landline to see if these match the theory.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I checked the iPhone log, and there was a call at that time, so I think you are right.  I rarely get calls on my iPhone, since the service inside my house is marginal (which is why I have kept the landline).  Sometimes people do call the iPhone number, though I always give out the landline number for voice calls.

The iPhone X speaker generally has excellent sound quality, but it might have sounded tinny because the service was marginal.

Is there some way I can turn off this feature?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It may also have sounded tinny if it were playing through the earpiece rather than the speaker.

In terms of turning the feature off, I'm sure you can but I've never used notifications so am not in a position to explain how. I did find the following help file but it doesn't seem straightforward:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979/

Hopefully someone will offer some advice for this. In the meantime, just ignore the notification on the Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wasn't wearing an earpiece at the time, and my wireless earphones were charging in their case, so I think that possibility is eliminated.  

I will try the Help article.

Best Answer
0 Votes