Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guided breathing, Versa vs. Charge 2, Decisions made by algorithm

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I became a believer nearly instantly in HRV breathing as a result of using the Charge 2. I got further into HRV research, buying a chest band and using apps like Elite to take readiness / fatigue assessments. 

I have a few questions:

1. Regarding the Versa, something seems... off about the guided breathing sessions. Having used them on the Charge 2 SO much, I notice it immediately. The app itself also finds me to be out of sync a significant amount of time, but I am very extensively practiced in HRV breathing. I was almost constantly found to be in sync when using Charge 2. It's possible I'm not interpreting the circle correctly... but how hard is it really to follow a circle? Are there any configurable options somewhere that I haven't looked, and if not, are any options in development?

2. What (besides the UI) is different about the Versa HRV breathing program as compared to Charge 2?

3. What actual "decisions" does the HRV breathing app make, and how can I see those decisions? Anyone who has used it has noticed that the length of the breaths will be shorter or longer based on.... something. I'd like to learn about what that "something" is. 

I can't overstate how successful the Charge 2 HRV sessions have been for me. Since I've upgraded to a new device I'd like to continue that success. And as I mentioned I also use 3rd party apps like Elite and I will soon be receiving my Corsense monitor. The Elite app allows you to configure breath lengths and such so I'd like to learn more, with my success on the Charge 2 as the basis. 

Thanks much!

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26
I don't even do it anymore. Which is sad. And my resting heart rate is
overall higher as a result.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still nothing I guess??

Best Answer
0 Votes
lol
Best Answer

maybe this is old but here's a feature suggestion from 2014

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Heart-Rate-Variability-HRV-measurement/idi-p/578...

perhaps it needs more upvotes or something

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an older thread, but I was looking to see if there was a breathing pace issue with the Versa.  I got the Versa last week and played with everything so far except the breathing because I didn't really use it much on my Charge 2.  I thought, let me pop in and try it, and honestly the breathing was way too fast for me and I started getting dizzy.  Even with the first couple of breaths I thought, surely this is going to slow down.  It's somewhat alarming that someone thinks I should be breathing at this pace in a "relax" app.  The Charge 2 did not go that fast - I remember it being just right for my breathing, relaxing.  And the Versa breathing goes, I would say four times as fast and a mini breathing/meditation session I frequently use in one of my other apps.  Well, one try is enough for me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked amazingly on the charge 2. And they have failed to port the
functionality. And don't care. I legit should have kept my charge 2. This
will be the last thing I ever buy from fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 2 worked for me in all aspects except...I could rarely get a heartbeat out of it. A little off topic here but I tried everything under the sun—did everything in the manual, looked in help, community, emailed FB, talked with FB, they even sent me a replacement, albeit in a non padded envelope that looked maybe refurbished. Rarely a heartbeat. Always 2 blank lines on my watch. It made me crazy. I looked into Garmin and even Apple Watch but I decided to try the Versa. And here we are...

Best Answer
0 Votes