Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Switched devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently bought the fitbit aria 2 scale and went to add it to my devices in the fitbit app. However when I did go to add it, it told me my fit bit versa was connected to my fitbit account and asked me if I wanted to switch it to the fitbit aria 2 scales. Thought I could just switch in between when I paired the aria 2 scales however now my fitbit versa has completely dissapered from my device settings in the app. I'm worried now because if I go back and install my fitbit versa will it wipe out all my previous data and history (which is a years worth). Is there a way I can switch back to my fit bit versa without any of my data and history being deleted? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re adding the versa will not lose you any data - that is all stored on the Fitbit servers. So I would do that and see if it lets you add it OK

It is very weird that it wanted you to switch from the Versa to the Aria - it shouldnt do that. I have both happily co-existing on one account. It  should only ask you that if you are trying to add another Smart watch. If the app wont let you add your Versa back then I'd suggest you uninstall the app, then reinstall it and log back in and see if you can re add the Versa then.

Let us know what happens as It sounds really weird!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Re adding the versa will not lose you any data - that is all stored on the Fitbit servers. So I would do that and see if it lets you add it OK

It is very weird that it wanted you to switch from the Versa to the Aria - it shouldnt do that. I have both happily co-existing on one account. It  should only ask you that if you are trying to add another Smart watch. If the app wont let you add your Versa back then I'd suggest you uninstall the app, then reinstall it and log back in and see if you can re add the Versa then.

Let us know what happens as It sounds really weird!

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thankyou soo much NellyG!

I re added the fit bit versa as you suggested and all my data and history came back! 

It was very weird that it asked me to switch from my fit bit versa to the fit bit aria scale but it's all sorted out now cause their both coming up in my devices! 

Thankyou 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad it worked!

Community Council Member

Best Answer