Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is HRV?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How accurate is the HRV in the health metrics?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
351 REPLIES 351

I’m somebody who suffers from chronic anxiety and I was so worried when I saw mine at 37. When I looked it up it said 50 to 100 was the lowest. I thought I was dying or suffering from heart problems as anxiety consumes me. But with finding others on here agreeing that it’s off. I feel a lot better.

Best Answer
I would like to have a real assessment as wel. If you come across a
reliable method please share. Here's to your health and mine.
Best Answer
Scary stuff for sure

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will do! And thank you!

Yes, you shouldn't put any validity in the HRV reading from FitBit. I
should write to them and tell them they should add a disclaimer to
their HRV or even remove it from the devices that aren't able to
measure it accurately. It's causing a lot of stress to those of us who
are trying to live healthy!

Best Answer
On a very good day my HRV is 25. It averages more like 20 to 22. I was
worried also, I just think that these aren't very good gauges for real HRV
numbers. For an accurate HRV number, you have to go to the doctors office.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When googling this kind of stuff, it can be scary for sure. I’m sure there’s a daytime HRV which I don’t think Fitbit offers, and the most recent overnight while sleeping HRV. My app just included this information to my dashboard as of April 2023. Since then I’ve noticed my HRV as low as 15 and no higher than 25 or 27. I had a check up in January with no issues so I’m hopeful this tool is inaccurate or not as bad as one’s initial information suggests. 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

My understanding is that you can only get an accurate measure of HRV directly from the heart...like the Polar10 chest strap. Wrist, arm, finger cannot give an accurate measure.

Best Answer

YES!!! Remove it, absolutely!! I agree. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so glad I found this thread and your post! I am sitting here at 10:45pm ready to call the cardiologist tomorrow morning bc my Fitbit says my average HRV for the past 6 months is 28!

Best Answer

I am a pretty fit guy admittedly old at 75 (fitbit has my cardio score as excellent 45 based upon an HRH of 59) 

BUT the HVR score is consistently low at around 15......which is in the morbid range according to fitbit.  

Best Answer

Heck, my HRV's hovered between like 10 - 25. I've had an echocardiogram and my heart is fine. For a woman my age (75) my Cardio Fitness is excellent @ 35 - 39. I really do need to get a Polar10 chest strap to accurately monitor HRV.

Best Answer
You may still want to check it out if you other symptoms or reason for
concern. But I think we all need to find another way to measure HRV!
Best Answer