Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change message default notification on Versa 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to edit the settings of my versa 2 from message default notification to messenger notification default

How will I do that?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Stormy56 Anytime! I'm glad to hear the steps did the trick. 

As regards of WhatsApp, yes your Versa 2 can receive this type of notifications. However, since you just have uninstalled the Fitbit app, you'll need to receive a message from the app desired in order for your app to show it as option in your Fitbit notification's section. For example, tell someone to send a WhatsApp, then check your Fitbit app and you'll see that WhatsApp is already an option to be selected. 

I'd recommend following the steps in the article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

In the phone Fitbit App

Click on profile photo [top left]

Device photo [middle left]

Notifications

And verify the top 4 items are correctly defined.

Notably Text messages

Also

App notifications

and select any apps you want to hear from.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there @WynneGrey, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please follow @Guy_'s directions to change your message notification default or depending of the mobile phone you're using (Android or iOS), you can see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? for a detailed information. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I’m trying to change my notifications in my verse 2 but the notifications menu won’t open

Best Answer
0 Votes

In Android phone Settings *

Apps

Fitbit

Storage - clear cache [not data]

Force Fitbit shutdown

[though it doesn't seem to fully]

Log back in to the Fitbit app

*Quick Shortcut: Press and hold the Fitbit launch icon, then App info [on some phones]

Or for IOS uninstall/reinstall the Fitbit App, and then redo notification setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Stormy56, welcome on board.

Our team has informed us that some users have experienced this situation with the Fitbit app after upgrading to version 3.39. Note our team is working to have it resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience this could have caused.

In the meantime I'd suggest you to try syncing your watch to make sure all your data is saved and then proceed with uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. Now, you can go ahead and try to set up your notifications. For more information, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thank you for the reply, that seems to have worked as I can now open up my notifications menu.

However, what’s app is not in the list, I thought I could have my whats app notifications synced up to my Versa2. Can you confirm if that’s correct? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never mind, I switched my phone on and off, restarted My Versa and it’s there now.

thanks for the help 

Best Answer

Select it in App notifications instead of Text messages

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stormy56 Anytime! I'm glad to hear the steps did the trick. 

As regards of WhatsApp, yes your Versa 2 can receive this type of notifications. However, since you just have uninstalled the Fitbit app, you'll need to receive a message from the app desired in order for your app to show it as option in your Fitbit notification's section. For example, tell someone to send a WhatsApp, then check your Fitbit app and you'll see that WhatsApp is already an option to be selected. 

I'd recommend following the steps in the article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer