Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my Versa wristband?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to change out bands that come with my Versa. Any hints?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Let's go to fitbits interactive help site. Link also found below as help. 

How do I change my wristband?

Learn how to change your wristband on your Fitbit device.

I found I needed to place the watch on a surface, face down. The attach the band as it sticks about 70° up from the watch. Yes it still need some finagling, but did go in.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Marcigirl13 and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I think that I don't have anything else to add here, the link provided by our friend here have all the explanation possible in order to change your Versa wristband. Were you able to change it after checking the article?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

When the display breaks and you send us just the display without the band attached it is really an inconvience to us the user. I cannot get my band from my previous versa to attach to the new display that has been sent. I spent way too much money for something that the best advice could be to wiggle it a little bit. News flash wiggling the band doesn’t work! 

Best Answer

You don't! I am pretty upset I bought the Fitbit Versa with the pretty purple cloth band, I'm a nurse and wanted to change to the black band due to washability and germ reasons. I went at it for over an hour, then another friend tried it. Took it to 2 different jewelers who stated the band does not fit the watch. I'm pretty miffed at this point as I will now have to RETURN it to Fitbit  and tell them they are selling the band stating that it's easily interchangeable. Thank God I was able to get the original purple band back onto it, which was easy. The black bands that come with the Versa DO NOT FIT. 2 jewelers stated as much. I will be returning my Versa. Oh, and I watched several tutorials on YouTube before attempting this. Buyer beware. 

Best Answer

Omg me too. My nails are breaking and I can't for the life of me get the black band out. Any luck still??? 

Best Answer
Nope, I called the company and they tried to send me new bands for it, I
told them no, please just send me a brand new set, they were very hesitant
to do so, but I hadn't even had the watch for 3 weeks! I am hoping the
bands enclosed with the watch will fit because I can't wear cloth bands at
work. I am still waiting for the new watch and bands. If I were you I
would call and complain because unless people call and notify them of the
bands not fitting there will be tons of unhappy people getting bands that
don't fit!

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

IT doens't WORK! wtf 

Best Answer

Sorry @Hasnenee, what is it that doesn't work? 

Fitbit also has a video on this subject. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It works now I used a pen to push it down. Though it should be more
practical
Best Answer

I finally figured out a way to change my fitbit versa band. I also want to point out, how long I have been trying to change it from the peach one that is all mangled, to the white one i just put on. IT TOOK ME JUST OVER SIX MONTHS TO BE ABLE TO (and took me two hours playing with it today to get it. No, that is not a typo, it did actually take me six months. I hope someone from fitbit realizes that the way to change the bands is the worst invention i have ever seen and tried in my entire life. 

Here is the was I did it - I trimmed my fitbit band. Literally trimmed it. I took scissors and trimmed down the sides and front of the band (where you hook it into place). It doesn't look all that good, since it kinda looks like a dog chewed at it, but not all that noticeable. Still, the fact that i even needed to is complete and utter bull! It should not in any way take me this freaking long to change a the band on my fitbit. I don't know who approved of this method, but did they not even try it?

Side note - I saw someone say that the bands dont fit in the versa, which is pretty obvious, but somehow I was able to get one side in, without trimming, in the quickest time ever. Not that you can tell, but that was sarcasm. The one side took me 45 minutes. 

For a visual of how it looks, I have no clue if I can insert a pic or how, where the band locks in looks way smaller on one side than the other, (well not by that much, but in comparison to the other side, it is definitely noticeably smaller, like I said earlier. 

Also, I apologize for all of my grammar mistakes, I am currently in the haze that was created by trying to change this band.  

So yeah, try trimming your band! This way, it should probably take you maybe an hour, thirty minutes at least if youre lucky. 

Man, for the time it took me to do this, I should have spent the extra money and get an apple watch. If I was getting paid for how much work this ordeal took me, that difference of price would have barely compensated me for it.

Best Answer

I can't  change  my versa  band  bought  a new one from fitbit spoke to a customer  service  rep  was not helpful  her answer send a return  label  my band is rippling  asked her if the fabric  band was able to replace easily  no answer disappointed  in fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes