Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up Gmail notifications on my Versa 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am struggling to find and setup my email on my Fitbit. I can’t find the email to set it up. I tried look on YouTube to see if there was a clip that would help me but I didn’t see one. I can’t find a step by step instructions on how to set up my gmail in my Versa 2

thank you

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Dlm1964   Gmail notifications come as an App Notification, so please do the following:

• On your iPhone:  Go to your iPhone Settings > Gmail > Notifications.  Toggle it to On.
  • Nothing will happen until you get an email.
  • On your Fitbit app:  Tap on your profile picture > your device image > Notifications > App notifications
  • Like I wrote, Gmail won't appear on this list until you receive a notification
  • Toggle it to on on your App Notification list

You can see an image in this thread.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Dlm1964 

You didn’t mention which mobile device your working with…either an android or an iOS so I can’t give you detailed instructions on how to get notifications on your particular mobile device. You can look here to get step by step instructions and follow the instructions that reflect the type of mobile device you have: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979.htm

If you prefer I walk you through it it helps if I know which device you have.

😉 I hope the link I provided helps. Let me know

Best Answer

I am sorry.  I forgot to say that.  I have Iphone XR.  Thanks for responding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dlm1964   Gmail notifications come as an App Notification, so please do the following:

• On your iPhone:  Go to your iPhone Settings > Gmail > Notifications.  Toggle it to On.
  • Nothing will happen until you get an email.
  • On your Fitbit app:  Tap on your profile picture > your device image > Notifications > App notifications
  • Like I wrote, Gmail won't appear on this list until you receive a notification
  • Toggle it to on on your App Notification list

You can see an image in this thread.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Dlm1964. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot this inconvenience before reaching out. 

Please follow @LZeeW and @SunsetRunner's recommendations to properly set up your Gmail notifications. 

However, as you're using an iOS device and mostly iOS users have iCloud email notification, note that for "Emails" section you can only select your primary text messaging app (that can be Gmail, your phone's default email app or any other). Nevertheless, in "App Notifications" section you can select more apps, for example if you decided that for your primary Email app you want it to be Gmail, in App Notifications you can enable other email apps.

For more information, please make sure to see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes