Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 touch screen stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen sensor on my Versa2 does not work anymore. It is the right down corner where you start your stopwatch, the timer or answer the phone. None of this is possible any more. What can be done? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @Astri64 

Maybe I can help. Because it worked beforehand your Versa 2 might just need to be restarted. You will not lose any of your data doing a restart. Just hold the button down on the Versa 2 until you see the Fitbit Logo then release the button. You should feel your Fitbit vibrate indicating it has indeed restarted. 
😃 I’m hoping this answered your question and fixed the issue. Please let me know

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Astri64. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2.

As @SunsetRunner has suggested, please restart your Versa 2 as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

Hope that helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nei, det virket ikke. Har prøvet den varianten før også, uten hell.
Resten av toutch skjermen fungerer helt fint, men får ikke svart på tlf
eller startet stoppeklokke eller timer.
Best Answer

@Astri64 We currently aren't staffed to provide support in Norwegian within the Community Forums.

We currently support French, Italian, Spanish, German, Korean, Chinese, Japanese and English. Hopefully we can support more locales in the future. If you could reply me back in English, I'll be more than glad to help you. 

If you have any additional questions about your Fitbit device or services, visit help.fitbit.com.

Have a nice day.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because you began your first post with me in English @Astri64 I took the liberty of translating your second reply to me as 

No, it did not work. Have tried the variant before too, without success. The rest of touch screen works fine, but does not get an answer on the phone or started the stopwatch or timer.

Are you using a third party watch? Have you tried changing your clock face? Please try changing it back to the original clock face and see if this helps resolve the issue. 
😃 Please get back with me to let me know how it goes
(Please respond back in English)

Best Answer

Hi @Astri64  - in addition to what @MarreFitbit  and @SunsetRunner  have suggested, have you tried cleaning the watch face?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have now tried all sugestions I have got here, and the problem is
not solved. 😞😞😞
Best Answer

@Astri64 - just in case it works, can you get someone else to try.

I mention this only as my mother had dreadful aim with her bifocals, and it often lead to all sorts of problems when she clicked elsewhere! Not to mention her inability to operate a mouse click without it moving elsewhere first! Lol

Best Answer
I have had my husband, my oldest daughter and youngest daughter to try all
the above, but it do not work. 😞😞😞😞
Best Answer

@Astri64  - good you don't need new glasses!

Unfortunately it may be faulty. You could try a factory reset, just in case it is a temporary issue, but it probably won't fix it.

And beware it could kill the watch entirely. 

You'll find the factory reset in the watch Settings, About menu.

Once triggered wait at least several minutes before doing anything with the watch.

You will need to do "+ Set up a Device" in the app after and go through the whole new process.

If it's under warranty, 1 to 2 years depending on country law, take it back for replacement if that doesn't work.

Best Answer

@Astri64 I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations we provided above. @Guy_ Thanks for the input!

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer