Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you cancel a Coach session in Versa?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not saying there is a problem here, maybe I am just not smart enough to navigate the UI:

1. From main screen swipe right
  2. Select coach
  3. Choose a workout and start it
  4. Once you start it, you cannot exit.  You can pause, but I don't see a way to completely stop the workout and exit to the main screen.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hello there @sjones1360, Nice to see you around. When you start a Fitbit Coach activity on your Versa there is an option to cancel the workout session.

Once you have started the exercise you'll see a preview of the exercise, press next ">" on your tracker and you'll see now the pause option. Pause it and at the left upper corner you will appear a race flag. Press here and cancel the workout session.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

The race flag worked for me - but this is pretty poor user experience. The race flag's only purpose is to cancel a workout, and therefore it should be a similar icon to other cancel actions on the web. 

If any Fitbit product or developers see this comment, please consider changing the icon!

Best Answer

I think the flag is more like finish, like in the exercise app which uses a similar icon.  

Best Answer

Hi there @sundikhin and @mcrmama. Thank you for visiting again the Fitbit Community and for sharing your feedback.

@mcrmama is correct, the race flag is exactly to represent the finish line of an exercise. However since in the interface of the Fitbit Versa there is no way to literally cancel an exercise. The option is to end the activity, which is represented by the same race flag to finish the exercise.

I appreciate your feedback and rest assured this will be share with our teams. Catch you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I also found this annoying! It seems like a penalty for trying new things.

Best Answer

Wow, really? Really poor interface design. Even the user manual doesn't mention this in the exercise section. There is a picture that shows the flag on page 47 but I did not see any note where it mentions what it's for. I've been trying various things for about three days to get our of the app. Boy I'm sorry I bought this junky product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The race flag is not cancelling the workout! Help how do I get out of it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It finally worked but I had to take it off first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip.  I don't even know how I got into the exercise.  I was fighting to swap out the band, which is a major pain, and then I was trapped in exercise mode.  I pushed the flag at least a dozen times, but taking it off eventually worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Count me as another person who thinks this is poor interface design and inconsistent with the rest of the navigation. And then insult is added to injury by your lack of mention of it in the user guide info that is available from the fitbit app. I just got my watch today and I was exploring and went into exercise then walk. Then I could not get out. And I could not find any help for this problem until I got into this board.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing that worked for me to exit back to the home screen was to press and hold all three buttons at the same time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!

That was really draining my battery!

Best Answer
0 Votes