Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Spotify HR to Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have downloaded the Spotify HR app on my Fitbit and have the Spotify app on my phone.

I've followed the login prompts but when I open the app on my Fitbit it comes up with "No active device found. Please open Spotify on your device"

I've tried opening the app on my phone and also within the Fitbit app but still nothing.

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

I understand that fitness tracking is the primary objective of the versa but if this is all the Spotify feature offers it feels a bit pointless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can load music up on the phone but this is for the Spotify HR app this thread.....

Sent from my iPhone
London, EnglandInline hockey playerCycling commuterFitbit Versa
Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello @Kendragillgras, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @Caitjmcbride_94, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let me know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided. Please note that Spotify HR is not an app developed by Fitbit so as you have already tried to troubleshoot it my best recommendation is to reach out the developer of the app and let the developer know about these issues. To contact the developer tap on Account > Versa > Apps > Spotify HR and scroll down until you find the link "Contact Developer"

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

I have the same issues and I have contacted the developer and they do not reply back 😠👎😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ta Dah.! I’ve figured it out.! I kept getting the no active device message but yes, you have to have a song already playing on Spotify in your phone for your watch to become a remote for it.! Works a treat.!

Best Answer

The only way I have found that it will work on with my phone is to have the Fit Bit app open on my phone as well as the Spotify app. Play a song on spotify, from your phone and THEN open spotify on your fitbit. if that doesn't work I force stop my fitbit app and try again and it works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!
Did you find a solution for this problem? I did exactly the same thing, with exactly the same outcome. I just loop back to the wrong Spotify-account...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TV1992 

Did you find a solution for this problem? I did exactly the same thing, with exactly the same outcome. I just loop back to the wrong Spotify-account...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem, and it’s really frustrating considering I just got it and it doesn’t even work...

Best Answer

I found that if you put headphones in your phone, it works, but you can’t skip songs

Best Answer
0 Votes

After following all the advice given here and making sure I downloaded the app correctly, I still got the error message. What I did then was a game changer... I pressed play on a song/playlist on my phone and then hit the Spotify icon on my watch and it was like a refresh button. I was then synced to the correct song playing on my phone! 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I learned that you don’t need Spotify. All you have to do is play music from any app and then hold down the left button and swipe left then you can control volume, music, pause and play.    

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem. Doesn't do what it's supposed to do. Poor expectation setting or lack of instructions.

Best Answer

Why does this app exist if it can't reflect or display my Spotify playlists or play music without it running on my phone? I fail to see the point. I must have missed something. 

Best Answer

I see the point of the app now. It's a glorified remote control for Spotify as opposed to a full-fledged standalone app; it's dependent on the phone app.

Best Answer

The app functionality is quite limited for starters as you noted. But even as a remote control which seems to be its m.o., it does a mediocre job. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to find the Spotify HR app in my app gallery. I can’t even contact the developer, as I don’t know who it is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't waste your time. The app is more or less useless even by smartwatch standards.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked for me after I tried the time-honoured fix of switching it off and on again i.e. I rebooted my phone.  Then I was able to log to spotify on the phone app and get the watch app connected

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have Spotify Premium?  I believe you need a Premium subscription for it to work. See what I found through the Fitbit app...

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/dc411695-8f1e-4643-9881-b19d053fbc33

Best Answer

Forgot to mention that you need to scroll down in the description section and it mentions the Spotify Premium requirement about halfway down.

Best Answer
0 Votes