Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Http error 403 on setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think I know what the problem is, I spent $200 on a Fitbit Versa. The setup process is incredibly easy, just download the app and run the setup. Right. Yes, I reset the settings on my iPhone 7. I have the latest IOS. I delete the Fitbit app. I tried to two WiFi routers. I deleted all my Bluetooth devices. I went into a dead air isolation booth to attempt the setup. I search the forums, what do I see for this error? A mixed bag of responses some of which have your support identifying this as a problem on your end. So I head over to the Fitbit outage notification page to see if you are having an issue, oops, one doesn’t exist.

It’s highly unlikely this is on my end. This is a really bad experiences. I kid you not I had the   the new Apple Watch in my hands today. My wife bought one and I passed, went to Best Buy to get the Fitbit. She set hers up in 5 minutes. I’m pretty sure people don’t have to spend $300 more to get through a setup. You guys should be embarrassed. I’m pretty disappointed and shocked at this stupidity.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the forums @Jesse1968.

Thank you for being a Fitbit customer. I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience with setting up your Fitbit Versa. I am sorry to hear you are going through this situation, I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and would like to confirm if you still experience this difficulty? It's usually recommended in this cases to uninstall and reinstall Fitbit app and try to set up the device again. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After having read so many times about this Apple Watch that I never heard about before I decided to get one and try how special was. Unfortunately after two days of vain attempts to pair it with my Pixel 3XL I had to return it.

Do you think it is due to the fact that it is an old second hand generation 2? Should I spend my money on one of the last generations? I quite like the form factor, although not as much as the Versa.

Best Answer